• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

like i said on the habs board

if kovy is good and habs suck you trade him
if kovy is good and habs are good you keep him
if kovy sucks - he goes to play with alzner

with armia, gallagher, drouin, byron all hurt they had cousins on the top line....lol
Well if he sucks don't expect to be able to trade him. He was a free agent and couldn't even get a one way deal. No one wants him. But I agree. There's zero risk here.

Well if he sucks don't expect to be able to trade him. He was a free agent and couldn't even get a one way deal. No one wants him. But I agree. There's zero risk here.

umm that is why i provided 3 outcomes

hence the "if kovy sucks - he goes to play with alzner "

with armia, gallagher, drouin, byron all hurt they had cousins on the top line....lol
If kovy is good, and the habs are in the playoff race they miss by 2 points.

The Kovalchuk deal is a desperation move and looks bad on the surface. But I mean.. There's literally 0 risk attached.

The risk is that Kovalchuk actually performs well.

The draft is in Montreal and Lafreniere is the next French Star in the league. Does Bergevin need a road map?

The damage will be if he is good. You know this isn’t a cup team, use the injuries as an excuse to tank. The moron fans will fall for it.

The risk is that Kovalchuk actually performs well.

The draft is in Montreal and Lafreniere is the next French Star in the league. Does Bergevin need a road map?
Fair point. Probably better to subtract at this stage, not add.

Wow I completely misread that. Oops. Been a long day on the booze train @zeke @BeLeafer

giphy.gif

Care to bet that Caufield scores more goals than Robertson in his career?

Haha, nope. ‘Twas just some good-natured humour. I might take you up on it if we had some apples-to-apples stats to compare, but it's a crapshoot trying to compare NCAA & CHL stats.

All we can really say at this point is that they've both playing great for 18 year-olds in their respective leagues, and that Robertson had a better tournament in the tiny sample size that is the WJC.

Last edited:
Back