• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

At work my colleagues never talk about hockey, today meetings all started with talk about the Wilson incident, and wanting to see what happens when Caps / NYR meet up next time

Hockey violence sells in the US, especially to the occasional / non-hockey fan which is the largest US fanbase.

Football doesn’t allow fighting, but is a very violent sport, which is a huge part of why it’s the most dominant pro-sport in the US.

At work my colleagues never talk about hockey, today meetings all started with talk about the Wilson incident, and wanting to see what happens when Caps / NYR meet up next time

Hockey violence sells in the US, especially to the occasional / non-hockey fan which is the largest US fanbase.

Football doesn’t allow fighting, but is a very violent sport, which is a huge part of why it’s the most dominant pro-sport in the US.

Violence both sells and turns off fans. It might be turning off more fans than it attracts, it's hard to tell.

What sports do your colleagues talk about normally?

Violence both sells and turns off fans. It might be turning off more fans than it attracts, it's hard to tell.

What sports do your colleagues talk about normally?
Football football and more football (NFL and NCAA) w NCAA basketball and Yankees / Red Sox thrown in during MLB season

Keep in mind I live in the supposed US hockey hotbed of the northeast...

The slam to the ice was the worst part, Panarin came so close to hit his helmet-less head on the ice.
Why did Panarin get in the scrum with Wilson knowing he is a lunatic

Not picking any side here but as expected each team is defending their own side of the story

Colin Campbell needs to be shown the door - Parros is a figurehead like Quintal & Shanahan were in that role, he’s simply looking for his future hockey gig without pissing ownership off

What exactly is Jr doing, he’s part of the elite executive committee of governors w Supreme Leader Jacobs?

Last edited:
Colin Campbell needs to be shown the door - Parros is a figurehead like Quintal & Shanahan were in that role, he’s simply looking for his future hockey gig without pissing ownership off

What exactly is Jr doing, he’s part of the elite executive committee of governors w Supreme Leader Jacobs?

Colin Campbell is second only to Alan Eagleson when it comes to fucking with the integrity of the game.

There's mountains of proof that Campbell had referees call the games his son played in differently.

I'm not lawyer, but that sounds like the type of shit that could land you in jail.

But here he is, more than a decade later, still collecting paychecks.

Back