• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Wilson is a recidivist psycho and gets no benefit of the doubt whatsoever.

His behaviour is getting worse because there are no meaningful consequences and he is being shielding by this dinosauric blame the victim culture.

The NHL has made its bed. Something really bad is going to happen one day and we’ll then be treated to mournful hypocrisy of the old guard.

In the meantime, I don’t know how the Caps players can look him in the eye. Wilson is a disgrace.
Easy, Wilson buys Ovy & the Caps Euro trash that xtra time & space..... oh yeah in this day & age of pousse ca ca hockey, there’s no nuclear deterrent for Wilson

Easy, Wilson buys Ovy & the Caps Euro trash that xtra time & space..... oh yeah in this day & age of pousse ca ca hockey, there’s no nuclear deterrent for Wilson
Ironically the only other potential deterrent for Wilson is also on the Caps, Chara.

Anderson could probably hold his own against Wilson but not enough for Tom to think twice about anything.

What was he supposed to do? Watch him punch Strome while he was being hold up by another Cap? Wait until someone else jump on him? Tap him on the shoulder to politely ask him to stop punching his teammate?

Sounds like you're blaming the victim here.

Watch the video again

Wilson did not pin Buchnevich’s head against the ice.

Wilson did not punch him in the back of the head.

You can see if you look at the video closely, Buchnevich’s head is over Wilson’s stick.

Buchnevich falls on Wilson’s stick.

Wilson does not make any movement to push Buchnevich head further into the ice.

He punches him about at the shoulder level, clearly not on the head.

That Buchnevich stuff is not worth more than 5K.

Optical illusion seems that Wilson is pushing on his head with the stick, but he is not.

Watch video at 1:35
Watch video at 3:50 (best angle)

This post is not about the Panarin incident.

I think both incidents should be discussed separately, and the NHL made the right call in terms of the Buchnevich situation, which is not what people have made it out to be.

Yeah, I've watched the videos about 50 times. I see a punch to the head myself. At the end of the day though, you've got a player in a prone position, defenseless at this point, and a guy with a pretty firm shot to the head/shoulder/neck area. It's dangerous and this isn't what I watch hockey for.

Not sure why we have to separate the Panarin part - far as I'm concerned it's all wrapped up in the same incident and went completely unaddressed by the league.

Yeah, I've watched the videos about 50 times. I see a punch to the head myself. At the end of the day though, you've got a player in a prone position, defenseless at this point, and a guy with a pretty firm shot to the head/shoulder/neck area. It's dangerous and this isn't what I watch hockey for.

Not sure why we have to separate the Panarin part - far as I'm concerned it's all wrapped up in the same incident and went completely unaddressed by the league.
Well there is no point having a discussion if you see a punch to the head after 50 viewings.

It was a punch to the shoulder

And it was deemed worthy of the maximum fine allowed by the CBA.

It’s not worst than when Carey Price went to town with his blocker on the laying NJ player who had ran into him.

And it’s certainly not worst than any spearing or groin slash that have been fined 5k.

If it was a blatant punch to the head, he would have been suspended.

Now was the Panarin situation worthy of a suspension ?
Thats another question.

Yuk.

How are we supposed to read this piece when the guys starts by saying :

« George Parros — the NHL’s senior vice president of player safety — for not suspending Wilson for driving Pavel Buchnevic’s head into the ice... »

I stopped reading there.

Wilson did not drive Buchnevich’s head into the ice.

It did not happened.

Information in the 2020s is at an all time low in terms of blatantly disregarding the facts, repeating misinformation and just bet on appealing to the emotions of the readers who are easily manipulated.

People read this, and then watch the video, and see Wilson pushing Buchnevich head with his stick to the ice, when in fact Buchnevich’s head is over the stick, pushing the stick down to the ice.

Who cares about facts.
If you hate Wilson you are righteous and on the right side no matter what you say.

Well there is no point having a discussion if you see a punch to the head after 50 viewings.

It was a punch to the shoulder

And it was deemed worthy of the maximum fine allowed by the CBA.

It’s not worst than when Carey Price went to town with his blocker on the laying NJ player who had ran into him.

And it’s certainly not worst than any spearing or groin slash that have been fined 5k.

If it was a blatant punch to the head, he would have been suspended.

Now was the Panarin situation worthy of a suspension ?
Thats another question.

Yeah, you're right, there is no point in a discussion if you're just going to call anyone who sees the play differently righteous.

Yeah, you're right, there is no point in a discussion if you're just going to call anyone who sees the play differently righteous.

Yikes.

Thats one way to twist up my words.

That word righteous was used in reference to the article Sal posted, and the complete disregard of the fact that Buchnevich’s head was over the stick, and not pushed down.

Are you gonna tell me the stick was over his neck and pushing down on him ?

« If you hate Wilson » in that context of articles misinformation is very different than sayin « I call everybody who sees the play differently rigtheous. »

You can’t find a good answer to my post, so you mix both my posts to get something.

Now I can see why Habsy really likes you.

The floor is yours, have the last word in typical hockeylover fashion.

Wilson did not pin Buchnevich’s head against the ice.

Wilson did not punch him in the back of the head.

You can see if you look at the video closely, Buchnevich’s head is over Wilson’s stick.

Buchnevich falls on Wilson’s stick.

Wilson does not make any movement to push Buchnevich head further into the ice.

He punches him about at the shoulder level, clearly not on the head.

That Buchnevich stuff is not worth more than 5K.

Optical illusion seems that Wilson is pushing on his head with the stick, but he is not.

Watch video at 1:35
Watch video at 3:50 (best angle)

This post is not about the Panarin incident.

I think both incidents should be discussed separately, and the NHL made the right call in terms of the Buchnevich situation, which is not what people have made it out to be.

Your post here is everything wrong with the NHL. Intent doesn’t matter. After someone gets killed eventually maybe they’ll give a shit for player safety.

So...uh...the Rangers just fired John Davidson and Jeff Gorton.
Don’t f*ck w Bettman. Dolan, Jacobs & Gary are BFFs.

In the immortal words of Dolan “only idiots become sport fan, my job is to take all their money”...

Tell me again how winning & building a winner matters? Pro-sports ownership in US is the ultimate shell game...

I don't get it.

Davidson & Gorton got fired because, you would assume, they're the ones that put out the statement on behalf of the organization.

But then, they tried to distance themselves from it?

Something doesn't add up.

I don't get it.

Davidson & Gorton got fired because, you would assume, they're the ones that put out the statement on behalf of the organization.

But then, they tried to distance themselves from it?

Something doesn't add up.
There were reports going back a couple of years back Dolan hated the idea of that letter to the fanbase for the rebuild, he hates the concept of rebuilds from a revenue generation perspective.

Back