• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

This off-season is the time for Habs to go full poach on some of those young NYR prospects....

NYR will revert to circa 1990s Sather

That doesn't matter to me.

You would assume that Davidson & Gorton made the statement on behalf of the organization. Okay, fine.

What I don't understand is, assuming the report is true, why would they be distancing themselves from a statement that they made?

Something doesn't add up.

This off-season is the time for Habs to go full poach on some of those young NYR prospects....

NYR will revert to circa 1990s Sather
Indeed it is:

But a divergence of philosophies emerged between Dolan and the Davidson-Gorton ticket, with sources indicating that the CEO believes that it is time to take the next step in this process while the front office people have continued to preach patience and a longer-view panoramic take of situation.

As well, it is believed that the hockey hierarchy’s collection of skill players at the expense of will players did not sit well with Dolan. The recent mismatches against the Islanders highlighted the team’s deficiencies in grit and leadership and may have accelerated, if not prompted, this stunning decision.

Back