• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

The point is, virtually every other team in the league is able to cultivate young (and cheap) talent to get in their lineup. We haven't. We've assembled a team of mercenaries.

It'd be one thing if we had the Edmonton model of, our lottery picks are the ones making it and are pretty good while everyone else we drafted never amounted to anything. Price is the only lottery pick we have remaining.

We had to pay Savard that dumb contract because we haven't drafted a single stay at home, everyday NHL defenseman in 14 years when we took McDonagh.

This is fucking insane. Fucking insane.

The point is, virtually every other team in the league is able to cultivate young (and cheap) talent to get in their lineup. We haven't. We've assembled a team of mercenaries.

It'd be one thing if we had the Edmonton model of, our lottery picks are the ones making it and are pretty good while everyone else we drafted never amounted to anything. Price is the only lottery pick we have remaining.

We had to pay Savard that dumb contract because we haven't drafted a single stay at home, everyday NHL defenseman in 14 years when we took McDonagh.

Beyond F...N insane

Not developing a slug is one thing , overpaying UFA`s is the bigger problem

You need depth fine , 1 mil buys you a Bogosian type

Teams pays over 30 mil for 2 knobs in Alzner and Savard

How do heads not roll out the door when your burying shit hole Karl 1 year later in the minors

Who the FK scouts these guys to see they are depth guys only and washed up

Plenty of cheap depth 6-7`s are available every year , no need to go term with anyone .

good thing we did not develop him

good thing we did not develop him
I had faith at that point & time. Guy Boucher was the head coach in the AHL and we had a lot of prospects that were pushing. The work he did with Subban was amazing. Had McDonagh come out of college after his second year, I don't think we would have ever traded him. Alas...

Lazy lazy lazy
It's Bergevin who's lazy. For a decade his only strategy has been "Carey Price and anything can happen." Every other move he's made has just been window dressing. It was always about Price and prayer. And whenever Price isn't around this team bottoms out almost immediately regardless of who else is on the roster at the time. He owes his entire miserable career as a GM to Price.

I think that if a team claims a player, they have to keep him on the active roster. Can't claim a player, only to put him in the minors.

I think that if a team claims a player, they have to keep him on the active roster. Can't claim a player, only to put him in the minors.
You can send him down but he would have to clear waivers again and the team that waived him gets first crack.

Except for the team that initially put that player on waivers, Tampa in this case. But it only works if no one else claims him.

Back