• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Seriously though. I wouldn't blame him if he was like... fuck it, with this Covid shit going on and the team not going anywhere... I'm just taking my ball and going home for awhile. Take a year or 2 or 5 off and enjoy life. Come back if shit ever gets back to normal. Maybe take a front office job where he can work from home most of the time.

Either that or he diddled someone and he "chose" to resign instead of facing an investigation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Maurice was just burnt out. He's coached over 1,600 NHL games without much time off between jobs and he's been coaching in some capacity non-stop since he was 21.

He might just want to enjoy life a little.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Maurice was just burnt out. He's coached over 1,600 NHL games without much time off between jobs and he's been coaching in some capacity non-stop since he was 21.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.

If, after coaching over 1600 NHL games you still haven't won a Cup or even made the finals, it's probably time to face the fact that you just aren't ever going to get there and there's no point in continuing.

Can't see Canada ever going for this, so Canadian teams will get fucked -- how is that fair for the competetive intrigity of the game? (not that the NHL actually cares about such things...)

Can't see Canada ever going for this, so Canadian teams will get fucked -- how is that fair for the competetive intrigity of the game? (not that the NHL actually cares about such things...)

It helps the tank so it's all good.

Additionally, it makes things tougher for the Leafs, which is also good.

Win-win.

I just watched Chris Kreider score his 20th goal of the season. My mind flashed back to watching Louis Leblanc play a junior game here nearly two years after we drafted him, and me thinking how unremarkable he looked for a first rounder.......

Rangers/Oilers was a good tilt tonight. Nice when you finally find a game that you can stick with for more than a few minutes.

Not sure I understand, Canadian teams are irrelevant to the future looking NHL business model. The worst thing that can happen is a Leafs or god forbid Oilers Cup win, after the worst Cup ratings in the US last year with Habs playing.

For the first time ever, I believe the US TV contract w ESPN is larger than the CDN national TV contract

Not sure I understand, Canadian teams are irrelevant to the future looking NHL business model. The worst thing that can happen is a Leafs or god forbid Oilers Cup win, after the worst Cup ratings in the US last year with Habs playing.

For the first time ever, I believe the US TV contract w ESPN is larger than the CDN national TV contract

Irrelevant for future looking model , but 40% of the HRR

League is nothing without our packed arenas

ESPN deal is loaded with stipulations that must be met to get all funds unlike the Rogers deal

League will always be inferior to the other big sports , NCAA etc....

Whatever the ESPN deal says in bold type I'm sure there's a clause in the contract's fine print stipulating that a Canadian team in the finals gets the network a discount of some sort.

Back