• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carolina Hurricanes 2024 Summer Talk ... press the reset button?

The only way I would let Laine anywhere near the Canes is on a 1 year $1 million deal that we could completely bury in the minors if/when RBA gets fed up with him.

In other words, Columbus (or someone else) would need to buy him out first. That would be a very expensive buyout (would be $17,466,667 in real money payable over 4 years with cap hits of $3,966,667 x2 and then $2,366,667 x2). Necas might frustrate the heck out of RBA, but can you imagine how RBA would feel about a floater like Laine? Again, just pay Guentzel $9.5 million per for 8 seasons instead.

I'm not worried about it, I would put the chances the Canes would have any interest in Laine (outside of that 1 year $1 million flier contract) at less than 0%.

DeCock says the interim tag on Tulsky’s title will be removed as soon as tomorrow.
Was just reading that myself -- link: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article289342870.html

Some of his roster-related quotes:
The free agents: “We are still talking to them. There are a lot of possibilities about how we shape this team going forward. And we are doing everything we can to keep as many of the players as possible. These guys have been with us for a long time and they’ve been a big part of what we’ve done. And if there’s a way to get a deal done, we want to do that. The reality of the cap is, sometimes we won’t be able to. But yes, we are continuing to try.”

Contract negotiations with restricted free agent Seth Jarvis: “I’ve talked to his agent. We both would like to get an eight-year deal done. We have not talked about what that would look like. We have July 1 (unrestricted free agents) we need to sort through and figure out what we have left. But, look: Jarvis is going to be with us for a long time, and figuring out what the term is and what the dollars are to make that happen is still in front of us.”

The goaltenders, Pyotr Kochetkov and Frederik Andersen: “I feel very good about them. Again, we’re never complacent, so if there is something available, we will be looking at it. I think that’s just a universal truth of this organization. But I’m completely comfortable with those two.”

Read more at: https://www.newsobserver.com/sports...ke-decock/article289342870.html#storylink=cpy

The only way I would let Laine anywhere near the Canes is on a 1 year $1 million deal that we could completely bury in the minors if/when RBA gets fed up with him.
No thanks. I am still haunted by Alexander Semin. Comes in on a 1 year "Prove It" contract, and ends up with 5 x $7M

No thanks. I am still haunted by Alexander Semin. Comes in on a 1 year "Prove It" contract, and ends up with 5 x $7M
He had an absolutely awesome half-season, scored, assisted, hustled, back-checked, everything you'd want. Then took the money and ran.

Between him, Brendl, and Tanguy Ndombele, I've had my fill of eye-watering talents with no interest in fulfilling their destiny.

He had an absolutely awesome half-season, scored, assisted, hustled, back-checked, everything you'd want. Then took the money and ran.

Between him, Brendl, and Tanguy Ndombele, I've had my fill of eye-watering talents with no interest in fulfilling their destiny.
Please don’t mention Ndombele on this board again…it’s too painful!

Back