• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

If it has to be a D in return for Marner, i think i like Calgary best? i dunno, maybe?

If I'm putting my semi realistic D wishlist out there (trying to avoid cities he'll auto block, and defenders no one is giving up for him under any circumstances)

Seider
Slavin
Hamilton
Theodore
Sanheim
Pettersson
Puluck/Pelech

But some of those aren't really "1 Big D" in return, it's part of a package. Can't see Mitch waiving to go to Calgary.

If I'm putting my semi realistic D wishlist out there (trying to avoid cities he'll auto block, and defenders no one is giving up for him under any circumstances)

Seider
Slavin
Hamilton
Theodore
Sanheim
Pettersson
Puluck/Pelech

But some of those aren't really "1 Big D" in return, it's part of a package. Can't see Mitch waiving to go to Calgary.
This is a smart list, but there is a name you are omitting as "possible" because you would absolutely hate it

Tavares for Karlsson

With some retention.....jeebus, I consider the fuck out of this.

I love Mo, but would consider a Mo move if we landed Karlsson to get someone maybe not as good as Mo but more complete. Don't think we can shelter Karlsson and Mo sufficiently on the same blueline at the same time.

Keefe and Dubas ruined him. Wanted to check how Cowens 26 playoff points compared to Marners OHL champ run… he had 44 points. In 18 games.

To make it even funnier—if you add his scoring in the Memorial Cup tournament to his OHL playoff totals that year…

…he had 58 points in 22 games. A 216-point pace.

Just the Leafiest-as-fuck possible outcome that he did that, then went on to become one of the most legendary playoff chokers in franchise history.

I hate to say it but Seth Jones does kinda seem like a tre kind of move though.
have to hope if he goes down that road it's for Tavares as a cap dump and not the center piece for marner

thing is Mitch produced at a 100pt pace the previous two playoffs. It looked like he was breaking through.

was he ever fully healed from his high ankle sprain?

Not really.

While his raw total numbers look better in those series, he followed the same pattern both years.

A blistering start at the beginning of the playoffs, only to completely vanish from the latter half of the 1st round onwards.

Back