• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I think the Devils might be smart if they are settling on Woodcroft.

It sounds like the Leafs are treating thier coaching opening exactly 2x more seriously than their GM opening, but one of the candidates is fucking terrible

I don't know that Byfield is a C. He hasn't played any C at all the past 2yrs and only a bit in his rookie year. And the Dubois trade was made probably on the belief that Byfield wasn't a C.

A couple of picks is not as valuable as 11m in free cap space before the free agency period begins.

Yeah, that's kind of our issue. If you don't move on from him this summer, you're pot committed for the year and we need the 11 million more than we need what he is on this roster.

Yeah, that's kind of our issue. If you don't move on from him this summer, you're pot committed for the year and we need the 11 million more than we need what he is on this roster.
All the talk is about Marner which is fair because you should theoretically get a fuck ton for him in any deal. But freeing yourself or Tavares should be priority #1. And it's not particularly close. You have to get out of that contract and that money has to go to one of the solid UFA d. That has to be the base case.

Tre is going to get bent over in a Marner trade, any realstic JT trades?

Something like a middle 6 winger and cap space. My personal pet idea is Crouse and the Shea Weber deal. Shit, I'd love to get Crouse + Bjugstad off of them and just insert that as a 2/3rds of a really good 3rd line here.

I'd be surprised if you get a roster player for John, unless its like a 3-5M contract you can deem usable, but i probably rather have nothing than Tre identifying a usable 3-5M bad contract.

Back