• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I like the proposal. And if Vancouver were to trade Pettersson yes they'd be dumb but..

1. There were times during the negotiation where it looked like trading him was a possibility. He then followed up the signing of his contract playing some of the worst hockey he has played in a couple years.

2. If they were dumb enough to actually trade him, they will never be offered a better return. 9 times out of 10 you're gonna lose the trade. This one could at least be a win-win.
More like a lose-lose for both teams because it wouldn't move the needle for either one of them unless one or both of them become different players than they have been.

He's intent on crafting a universe in which Tavares stays and signs a "team friendly" extension to fuck our 1st PP unit up until he's 40.
I've said nothing about the year after next.

Only next year is on the table right now, and there's no point dumping his contract when we have a ton of money to play with already, and a dumb GM that may not know how to deploy any of it.

I've said nothing about the year after next.

Only next year is on the table right now, and there's no point dumping his contract when we have a ton of money to play with already, and a dumb GM that may not know how to deploy any of it.
a) you dont have a ton of money relative to quality and qunatity of team needs, and the the cap going up.
b) even if you think Tre is a moron, having more money than less money to spend, is good, and its unlikely he can hand out a deal in the summer that is worse actual value than Tavares at 11M

Nylander and Marner's primary D opposition via % of 5v5 TOI in the Bruins series:

Nylander:

McAvoy 60%
Lohrei 43.4%
Lindholm 31.1%
Carlo 29.8%

Marner:

McAvoy 50%
Lindholm 41.6%
Carlo 39.8%
Lohrei 24.2%

Marner's 5 most common linemates at 5v5 in the series:

Bertuzzi 46:01
Rielly 41:57
Domi 41:43
Tavares 41:19
McCabe 37:47

Nylander's:

Tavares 47:37
Knies 43:22
Rielly 33:10
Lyubushkin 23:45
McCabe 22:28

TL;DR for Mitch apologists:

Stop fuckin’ crying bro

They will fuck things up worse by trading Tavares. They'll lose his offense, won't capably replace it, and tie up his money in shit D that can't play well at either end of the ice.

They will fuck things up worse by trading Tavares. They'll lose his offense, won't capably replace it, and tie up his money in shit D that can't play well at either end of the ice.
Its okay to admit that John is like your favorite person and it would make you sad for him to leave and that his time here has been a failure. It's a reasonable feeling for a human to have.

which players would you really like to see fired out of a cannon this year? (Or let’s go top 5 if you’re particularly bloodthirsty and need to narrow it down)

If all they unload this summer is Tavares then I will consider it a smashing success. Of course the second phase of that is how they spend the money but they cannot going into next season with that contract. You have to do everything you can to unload it.

Last edited:
it's funny you guys don't realize the "shock" you feel at the canucks trading Pettersson is exactly the same shock you should feel about the leafs moving Marner.

lol, nope.

The players might be comparable, but their respective situations are not.

Back