• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Make him the head coach tbh
All I can base my opinion on is how they were as players, and I can honestly say that there was no better tactical forward than Berube in that era. Who understood the game better at the time? Tie Domi maybe? If Berube’s skills on the ice can translate to behind the bench, we are set. Absolutely set.

Marc Savard was okay, but just okay.

I'm a strong believer in a pp can only as good as your players. A coach can help come up with solutions on how to adapt to what other teams throw at them or help get them out of a rough stretch.

But at the end of the day the best pp's have little structure and let the talent roam. Because that's what's unpredictable and hardest to defend.

GNzN_vTXAAAa7j4

1715971584407.png

In Savards case, like a lot of high skilled players, its probably an issue that most players can't process the game fast enough to do what he wants them to do. Could make an interesting team with our PP though.

Kadri-Huberdeau-Kuzmenko-Sharangovich-Andersson isn't quiet the same though.

Savard also was Berube's assistant in St Louis before he went to the OHL. Mike Van Ryn was too, so he probably stays.

Last edited:
All I can base my opinion on is how they were as players, and I can honestly say that there was no better tactical forward than Berube in that era. Who understood the game better at the time? Tie Domi maybe? If Berube’s skills on the ice can translate to behind the bench, we are set. Absolutely set.

Marc Savard was okay, but just okay.
The next time you try to make a joke, put an emoji next to it so we know you haven't lost your mind.

Berube played with himself in the penalty box more than he played on the ice.

GP: 1054
PIM's: 3149

Average PIM's per 60 minutes: 20.08 (It was even higher in the playoffs. 25.3 PIM's per 60)

That's an entire period spent in the box for every 60 minute game in which he was dressed. I guess that gave him plenty of time to devise tactics?

I think we all agree that we want a bit of an emotional coach.

It would be nice if that guy doesn't devolve into an extreme "stretch pass and dump ins" coach like both the last 2 coaches.

The next time you try to make a joke, put an emoji next to it so we know you haven't lost your mind.

Berube played with himself in the penalty box more than he played on the ice.

GP: 1054
PIM's: 3149

Average PIM's per 60 minutes: 20.08 (It was even higher in the playoffs. 25.3 PIM's per 60)

That's an entire period spent in the box for every 60 minute game in which he was dressed. I guess that gave him plenty of time to devise tactics?
God you're dumb.

Last edited:
Back