• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

The best thing to do is:

Fire the fucking GM and coach.

Hire a great coach.

Keep the core 4 where they are.

Work in as total regulars Knies, Robbie, Minten, Cowan, and any other kid who has earned a shot.

Get rid of slow shitty trash in the bottom six and on D - bye Kampf, Reaves, Baboon, Brodie, Gio, and whatever else.

Fill in the remaining spots with fast, skilled UFAs with winning track records.

Run it back with this new squad.

If it's the same result, Tavares is expired, Marner is ours if we want him and gone with a S&T 8 year deal if we don't, and you go big name UFA shopping like we did this year, with one year deals to the best out there, and then...

You back up the brinks truck for McDavid the next year.

The best thing to do is:

Fire the fucking GM and coach.

Hire a great coach.

Keep the core 4 where they are.

Work in as total regulars Knies, Robbie, Minten, Cowan, and any other kid who has earned a shot.

Get rid of slow shitty trash in the bottom six and on D - bye Kampf, Reaves, Baboon, Brodie, Gio, and whatever else.

Fill in the remaining spots with fast, skilled UFAs with winning track records.

Run it back with this new squad.

If it's the same result, Tavares is expired, Marner is ours if we want him and gone with a S&T 8 year deal if we don't, and you go big name UFA shopping like we did this year, with one year deals to the best out there, and then...

You back up the brinks truck for McDavid the next year.

Pretty sure Tavares is already expired

How can it be my routine when everyone except one person on this board thinks he's cooked and the top priority to move him the fuck along for dead money.
Because it doesn't fucking matter for one more year.

He'll score his 30 goals and then either come back as a winger with Cowan and Minten worked in, or he'll leave.

Every year I blame all the core 4 for not stepping up. This year, there's no question that roster decisions demolished us. If Keefe doesn't fall in love with his trash, plays the kids and doesn't fuck with their confidence any time they mess up, plays the better goalie, stops with the 4th line as the all purpose cure to every key situation, then we're playing Florida tomorrow.

Bring the core back but don't fucking kill them with a bunch of ZARs to weigh them down. Imagine if we have the added speed, skill, and youth of Robertson, Cowan and Minten in there instead of those shitheads, and there's no doubt this same group of primary guys will succeed. Especially if Willy doesn't develop migraines and Matty suffer with diarrhea for half the first round.

I swear, I can't wait for the axe on Keefe to fall this week.

I only pray they go 2 for 1 with Trefucker.

I don't even mind too much if Shanahan stays, as long as he goes back to the original shanaplan and not the abortion version of it that it grew into in recent years.

Because it doesn't fucking matter for one more year.

He'll score his 30 goals and then either come back as a winger with Cowan and Minten worked in, or he'll leave.

Every year I blame all the core 4 for not stepping up. This year, there's no question that roster decisions demolished us. If Keefe doesn't fall in love with his trash, plays the kids and doesn't fuck with their confidence any time they mess up, plays the better goalie, stops with the 4th line as the all purpose cure to every key situation, then we're playing Florida tomorrow.

Bring the core back but don't fucking kill them with a bunch of ZARs to weigh them down. Imagine if we have the added speed, skill, and youth of Robertson, Cowan and Minten in there instead of those shitheads, and there's no doubt this same group of primary guys will succeed. Especially if Willy doesn't develop migraines and Matty suffer with diarrhea for half the first round.
If you dont think his 11M could be spent better elsewhere, there is simply no helping you.

He is absolutely cooked and the single biggest issue in the org after Shanahan and Tre

If you dont think his 11M could be spent better elsewhere, there is simply no helping you.

He is absolutely cooked and the single biggest issue in the org after Shanahan and Tre
A 30 goal scorer is not cooked. The nonstop xg stats posted here loved him for the most part.

And we just spent $15M on Kampf, Krok, Reaves, Klingberg, and Brodie (not to mention all the money tied up in other dead guys on ltir), so forgive me if I lack the requisite trust that these clowns would spend the money on something better. Or a bunch of additional garbage that would tie us up for much more than one year.

2 points in 7 playoff games and you want to run him back? He goes from whatever JT is supposed to be, to a pretty good 3C every year in the playoffs for 11 million.

Can't win with 13-14% of your budget being spent on that guy.

It’s one more year and I don’t think it makes sense to get rid of key guys while Keefe poisoned the whole season with his bullshit. Clean house upstairs, shore up the rest of the roster, add hungry kids, and see what they can do for one year. Then you’re forced into change anyway with contract expirations.

lol, there's nothing he could possibly do that would make you admit it's time to move. Next year when he sucked in the playoffs again you would be talking about the hometown discount he would give, can't pass up on that, etc.

Get over it. Your boy failed here. Time to move on.

Back