• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Maybe. I tend to believe the reports from the athletic that it's an injury and not LeafsRumors69 from Facebook that says he lost 15 pounds from an illness. But ripped anus could be the injury. TBD.

But if it's an injury I fear there's surgery and a long recovery involved.

Maybe. I tend to believe the reports from the athletic that it's an injury and not LeafsRumors69 from Facebook that says he lost 15 pounds from an illness. But ripped anus could be the injury. TBD.

Oh? Thought when he left the one game it was reported as an illness?

Oh? Thought when he left the one game it was reported as an illness?
Started with an illness but some reports are saying he got hurt in game 4 when he played with the illness and he left after 2 periods.

Didn't really see him laboring or favoring anything though so who knows. As Matthews said last night "it's a story for another day" aka tomorrow.

berube helped turn the club around the last time he was here (by getting turfed halfway through his first season).

Fwiw, the general vibe around the St Louis board in HF is that firing Berube was a big mistake. He actually got a fair bit out of that core. The cup obviously, but 109 points out a deep but unspectacular group of forwards and a Parayko-Krug-Faulk-Scandella-Bortuzzo-Mikkola defence for is pretty fucking solid. When handed a bunch of plugs he did what any reasonable person would do, played the shit out of his top 3 and then asked for a puck mover (Nick Leddy) at the deadline to push the plugs further down the lineup.

yeah i haven't dived down into it but my memory is that those Blues were much more than just a hack and chop outfit.

When they end up saying it was an upset tummy and he lost 15 pounds, you're gonna have to issue a public apology to TMLU on FB.

aaaaaand after looking at St Louis' nerdies over his tenure....

200w.gif

I don't care what the roster looks like, there's no excuse to not have your group in the top half of the league regularly in xG. Their best season under Berube was 16th. I was ready to light shit on fire over not being top 10 for most of this year.

Back