• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

It's absolutely insane to think Sheldon Keefe is the only or biggest problem with this org, but i suspect that is going to be the sales pitch and there will be enough people who buy it.

You keep beating this drum, but I don't think it's accurate. Pelley has a board meeting at the end of May that he was already planning on presenting his vision for the organization at once he got a chance to review the organization (he's said in interviews that he needed 3-4 months to get a handle on things, and we're at 4 months now) . There was already a pretty good chance he was going to suggest moving on from Shanahan before this debacle given the contract situation (going into final year) and track record of success (lol).

Fwiw, Pelley was a big mover behind the European tour implementing a new analytics system to track golfer pre shot routine and how it impacted performance. He did a bunch of other things that went against conventional wisdom (and took shit in the golf universe for) as well. Pathway to the PGA tour, Ryder Cup awarded to Italy. One common theme I keep running into as I go over his career is that he tries to be ahead of the curve regardless of what current convention is. I'm hoping that sticks now that he's in his "dream job". I don't think he's going to be too stuck on doing things the way the old boys network would do it.

You keep beating this drum, but I don't think it's accurate. Pelley has a board meeting at the end of May that he was already planning on presenting his vision for the organization at once he got a chance to review the organization (he's said in interviews that he needed 3-4 months to get a handle on things, and we're at 4 months now) . There was already a pretty good chance he was going to suggest moving on from Shanahan before this debacle given the contract situation (going into final year) and track record of success (lol).

Fwiw, Pelley was a big mover behind the European tour implementing a new analytics system to track golfer pre shot routine and how it impacted performance. He did a bunch of other things that went against conventional wisdom (and took shit in the golf universe for) as well. Pathway to the PGA tour, Ryder Cup awarded to Italy. One common theme I keep running into as I go over his career is that he tries to be ahead of the curve regardless of what current convention is. I'm hoping that sticks now that he's in his "dream job". I don't think he's going to be too stuck on doing things the way the old boys network would do it.
May be our last hope for the matthews group

If for no other reason, than you clearly read this mans self published autobiography and possibly have been going through his trash for the past month i hope your are right and get vindicated for your time spent on the man

If for no other reason, than you clearly read this mans self published autobiography and possibly have been going through his trash for the past month i hope your are right and get vindicated for your time spent on the man

He does a lot of interviews. Easy enough to find. Was interested what his views on data were, what his track record really was. Came away more hopeful than I did going in. Initially when I heard about the hire I was concerned with his lack of sports club management. Was basically the Argos and nothing. The rest of his experience was media and golf. But his TSN tenure actually had some cutting edge shit (he's the guy who tried to get a womens sports network going, an idea 20 years ahead of it's time, which I appreciate) and then he appeared to basically take a look at the sacred cows in the European tour and take a run at as many of them as he could. Creating a formal pathway to the PGA tour was really controversial over there apparently, despite looking pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a huge fan of european golf.

He does a lot of interviews. Easy enough to find. Was interested what his views on data were, what his track record really was. Came away more hopeful than I did going in. Initially when I heard about the hire I was concerned with his lack of sports club management. Was basically the Argos and nothing. The rest of his experience was media and golf. But his TSN tenure actually had some cutting edge shit (he's the guy who tried to get a womens sports network going, an idea 20 years ahead of it's time, which I appreciate) and then he appeared to basically take a look at the sacred cows in the European tour and take a run at as many of them as he could. Creating a formal pathway to the PGA tour was really controversial over there apparently, despite looking pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a huge fan of european golf.
Mr Pelley....is this you?

Did you pay our friend Mindz for his login, identity and reputation on this board, to get in on the ground floor with the intelligent Leaf fan?

It would certainly explain letting LOF run a train on you last week that you didnt know how to respond to that sort of thing.

BTW, pretty hilarious Lavoie claimed how amazing Boucher was and is only not a head coach because apparently teams won't hire a French-Canadian?

Joke's on you....Certain people are going to take Woll not playing ( and losing) and use that to manifest hope that he is still indeed the savior.

You will be having this discussion again.

Meh, he'll get hurt again. There's a reason he's only played 20-30 games a season during his developmental years.

Back