• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

The toughest aspect to a Marner deal is him wanting to sign an extension with the team he is moved to... if he is just an expiring contract then we don't get full value.

Utah has a ton of picks and good young prospects.

The toughest aspect to a Marner deal is him wanting to sign an extension with the team he is moved to... if he is just an expiring contract then we don't get full value.

We need players and not futures for Mitch though. If it can't play a real role on a team trying to win next year, pass.

Utah is the place for many reasons. And yes, I do think Mitch signs there if they give 8 years x 12.5 per.

Utah whatevers will be busiest team this summer.

We need players and not futures for Mitch though. If it can't play a real role on a team trying to win next year, pass.
To quote the simpsons: money can be used to buy goods and services.

You would be able to get Crouse in the deal, and open up 6 mil in space to be used Skjei or another D.

Marching Keefe out there just seems cruel. But maybe it's a good thing? If Tre was staying and obviously punting Keefe you probably don't give Keefe media day. But if Pelley is firing Shanny and Tre and just letting the new GM decide on the coach, then maybe you do?

I just want some hope.

Marching Keefe out there just seems cruel. But maybe it's a good thing? If Tre was staying and obviously punting Keefe you probably don't give Keefe media day. But if Pelley is firing Shanny and Tre and just letting the new GM decide on the coach, then maybe you do?

I just want some hope.

Seems to be pretty standard operating procedure in the NHL to let the coach do an end-of-season presser before firing them. Also can't really imagine Pelley firing Shanahan & Treliving only to leave Keefe in place. In any eventuality, I think Keefe's getting fired before the week is out.

If Pelley's in enough of a house-cleaning mood that Shanahan and Treliving are both out, there's no way he stops at the head coach who's personally helmed five of this team's failed playoff runs. And if Treliving is left in place, with or without Shanahan, then he makes Keefe his sacrificial lamb and fires him personally.

Back