• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

The ONLY reason you would trade Marner for two quarters, would be if you could immediately use that cap space on something big in free-agency.

Otherwise, there is no point.

Feeling an awful lot like we’re gonna get bent over in any Marner deal.
Yup. I’m expecting a classic pending UFA package+.

Something like established NHLer salary filler, prospect, pick. Maybe a couple more pieces.

But very underwhelming. Closest comparable may end up being Kessel.

The one thing I'll say is that at least he didn't have a huge leash with coaches that the team wasn't performing for.

Now, one could easily turn around and say "Y he hire so many shitty coaches"....and that would be a really good question for which this would be my only response

cute-kid-running-away-kxz5fm02l0668m70.gif

Feeling an awful lot like we’re gonna get bent over in any Marner deal.

that would be disastrous for a lot of reasons, but one of them is that Treliving kinda has to sorta rebuild the team here.

the only place the Leafs maybe have a little bit of real quality depth is at wing.. Cowan and Knies are looking very promising. McMann (who was missed vs. Boston) and Holmberg seem like useful bottom end of the lineup pieces as well.

after thinking about it, unless you can get a young star type dman for Mitch, I would target getting quality centre help under 30 back -- nobody trades 100 point forwards for goalies, and we can probably solidify the blueline via free agency this year.

that's a huge offseason though for any GM, let alone pizza breath

Short term, Domi is fine at #2C imo. Go deadline shopping if it's a problem but you give him two offensive talents and let them go. Something like Robertson-Domi-Nylander in offensive usage would probably do all sorts of damage. Then Bjugstad to 3 and we're in some business

XXXXXX-Matthews-XXXXXX
Robbie-Domi-Nylander
Knies-Bjugstad-McMann

Obviously that XXXXX to the right of Matthews could be Marner.
WTH?? Do you wait for each thousand and then post? I think you have post 1000 / 2000 and now 3000! Cant be a coinkydink??

CAP savings to spend on.....?

To spend on some quality freeagents like Montour, to help the blueline if we're not getting a top pairing Dman coming back in a trade. Heck, maybe even a Stamkos if he grew a pair and decided to play in Toronto. Depending on the CAP saving and what is obtained with a potential Marner trade, you spend accordingly.

Back