• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

And holy shit I just noticed LoF, a Canadian, railing against Uncle Sam and the irs. We’ve seen it all folks.

Peak ME here. Arguing over the tax treatment of Tavares contract and whether he left 14m on the table signing here vs San Jose.

Holy fuck a barnburner thread here. Peak ME.

And one of these days peak mbow won't be trolling Preston on a foot fetish alt account or complaining about what I do.

One of these days....

Peak ME here. Arguing over the tax treatment of Tavares contract and whether he left 14m on the table signing here vs San Jose.

Holy fuck a barnburner thread here. Peak ME.

I totally relate… passing the time while waiting for your client to approve your latest creative ain’t easy

The bucket wasn't that big though, that's the point. Once all of the tax fuckery is baked in, the difference was a few million over 7 years, not 14 million.

At least, that's what he thought at the time.

You're struggling with the definition of literally there.
He needs a new tax accountant

View attachment 20691It’s too bad cause marners a great fucking player. Definitely a top 5 talent in team history. View attachment 20689

View attachment 20690

Its funny because he is also 6th in playoffs p/g. Matthews 8th, Nylander 13th.

It's a little crazy that he's become the scape goat, and its too bad because he's clearly the wrong member of the core 4 to trade. Rielly, Willy and JT should all go first.

Love Willy, but picking him over Marner and making him one of the highest paid players in the league until he's 36 will probably be a mistake.

He's probably going to have a great season, then demand 13M or walk, we'll get bent over and sign him and he'll turn to shit.

Mitchy was softer than baby shit this playoffs. However, I feel we misremember that he hadn’t had long back after a high ankle sprain. That is not fun and hurts a ton. I wonder how much of his not looking like hi la usually creative self had to do with that.

Yes, I thought of that too and it probably did figure into his performance. He's still a whiny, snivelling, snotfaced little prick though who seems to me to have a superiority complex.

I simply don't like the little fuck and would like to see him gone.

Yes, I thought of that too and it probably did figure into his performance. He's still a whiny, snivelling, snotfaced little prick though who seems to me to have a superiority complex.

I simply don't like the little fuck and would like to see him gone.
Not the same player and totally not comparing skill but Sid the Kid was a whiny sniveling ass when he was younger. I’d be more down to lose him (and moreover his meddling pops) if he didn’t produce at the clip he did regardless of the dramatics.

Core 4 Top 3 Playoff Performances
1. Marner - 2017-18: 1.29 ppg
Matthews - 2021-22: 1.29 ppg
3. Marner - 2022-23 - 1.27 ppg
4. Matthews - 2019-20 - 1.2 ppg
5. Marner - 2021-22: 1.14 ppg
Nylander - 2020-21: 1.14 ppg
7. Matthews - 2022-23: 1.0 ppg
Nylander 2021-22: 1.0 ppg
9. Nylander 2022-23: 0.91 ppg

Tavares - 2021-22: 0.86 ppg
Tavares - 2022-23: 0.72 ppg