• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Tre's management style is clearly different than Kyle's or Lou's. He leaks stuff. It's ok to acknowledge that. He did in Calgary too. I think it must be obviously intentional at times as he thinks certian information being public gives him an advantage. Or maybe he feels like speculation can be detrimental so he leaks the truth. Whatever the case, it's a different management group with different philosophies on PR.

I don’t really get why there’s so much pushback on the Friedman is a great Leafs source now thing.
I don't either. We all agree he has a source in the Leafs front office. All I said is that they don't tell him everything (nobody does), and that as Presto said, things are often leaked intentionally, by almost every front office.

And also (IMO) it's way too early to draw any conclusions about what they plan to do with Marner, because it's most likely they themselves haven't decided yet.

Tre's management style is clearly different than Kyle's or Lou's. He leaks stuff. It's ok to acknowledge that. He did in Calgary too. I think it must be obviously intentional at times as he thinks certian information being public gives him an advantage. Or maybe he feels like speculation can be detrimental so he leaks the truth. Whatever the case, it's a different management group with different philosophies on PR.
Maybe it's a situation of a guy liking to take the public's temperature first before doing anything.

You know, a chicken shit.

I don't either. We all agree he has a source in the Leafs front office. All I said is that they don't tell him everything (nobody does), and that as Presto said, things are often leaked intentionally, by almost every front office.

And also (IMO) it's way too early to draw any conclusions about what they plan to do with Marner, because it's most likely they themselves haven't decided yet.
The irony is that we are on this forum living and dying by rumors, even creating our own as we go.

But then we hate it when someone has a source and gets scoops!

Good process can still produce bad results. The media in Toronto having a good idea of what you're doing before you do it is bad for business imo. I really don't think this is a media that can be reasoned with and managed. It's ridiculous and an impediment to success that needs to actively combatted. Our biggest failures all tend to stem from saying shit to the media to placate them and then trying to live up to it. "we can and we will" was a bold proclamation in the face of a bunch of people with grade 10 math incredulous at the idea of us being able to afford to keep our team together, for example.

Shut the fuck up, put up the cone of fucking silence, lock those fucks out and let them create their fantasy worlds on their call in shows, podcasts, and columns and manage like they don't exist.

Back