• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I think Treliving just openly talks to Friedman... and about pretty much everything we've done so far. Not sure it's a leak so much as a geyser.

But hey that's OK, at least when I hear a shit rumour I won't say "oh no Treliving would never! these guys don't know shit". I can prepare myself mentally and immediately proceed to posting pics of him making dopey faces.

Brady Tkachuk would be as good a piece as I could see us getting 1 for 1. He’d be loved here.
People quickly forget what a fucking incredible player Marner is.

Brady Tkachuk would be an awesome player to have, but he's probably only 2/3 of the player than Marner is. A 75 point guy while Marner probably has seasons of 110+ points stored up in him.

Get Chabot as part of the deal while giving up something like Minten and Niemela or something like that, and I'm on board.

One for one, we get hosed. And Brady is probably one of the most punchable faces in the league, so it's funny that people hate Marner but would love to see him.

People quickly forget what a fucking incredible player Marner is.

Brady Tkachuk would be an awesome player to have, but he's probably only 2/3 of the player than Marner is. A 75 point guy while Marner probably has seasons of 110+ points stored up in him.

Get Chabot as part of the deal while giving up something like Minten and Niemela or something like that, and I'm on board.

One for one, we get hosed. And Brady is probably one of the most punchable faces in the league, so it's funny that people hate Marner but would love to see him.
Most people dont base their hate of an athlete, or anyone really based on the look of that person's face.

Mostly his bitch tendencies, cunt dad, and perceived playoff shittyness.
Well, recent shitty playoffs aside since everyone was shitty, he has a career 50 points in 57 playoff games. Definitely less than his standard during the regular season, but so the fuck what.

His "bitch" tendencies are manufactured nonsense. Ice a proper team and we'll win, and he'll be one of the driving forces.

And who the fuck cares about his father. This is the most I've heard about a player's parent since Lindros' father. Who gives a shit? The player is who I care about, not his fucking parents or siblings.

Well, recent shitty playoffs aside since everyone was shitty, he has a career 50 points in 57 playoff games. Definitely less than his standard during the regular season, but so the fuck what.

His "bitch" tendencies are manufactured nonsense. Ice a proper team and we'll win, and he'll be one of the driving forces.

And who the fuck cares about his father. This is the most I've heard about a player's parent since Lindros' father. Who gives a shit? The player is who I care about, not his fucking parents or siblings.
Well you see, most people think he and his cunt dad are going to bend the Leafs over a barrell on contract to get him paid like AM

You, live on an island where he will take less and be reasonable cause loves maple leafs or something

And i said perceived playoff issues, so we agreed, you muppet.

Pretending you don't understand why some leafs fans would not love Marner or think he's a bitch and not a big game player is a special kind of hilarious. Anyway here's a fun stat. Call it bad luck, noisy, whatever. The stat is real regardless of how you feel and may help explain the great mystery of leafs fans not loving Marner.

Playoff careers in G5-7:

Matthews - 19 gp, 416.87 mins of TOI, 8 goals, 13 pts, 1.15 G/60, 1.87 pts/60

Nylander - 21 gp, 398.49 mins of TOI, 7 goals, 17 pts, 1.05 G/60, 2.56 pts/60

Marner - 21 gp, 465.70 mins of TOI, 1 goal, 9 pts, 0.13 G/60, 1.16 pts/60

Well you see, most people think he and his cunt dad are going to bend the Leafs over a barrell on contract to get him paid like AM

You, live on an island where he will take less and be reasonable cause loves maple leafs or something

And i said perceived playoff issues, so we agreed, you muppet.
I only spoke to the issue of the complaints about his playoff performances, and wasn't debating you, you cunt.

I also think any player will want the maximum unless they can be persuaded or pushed to accept less. You think Nylander wanted to sign for $7M last time around when Marner got $11M? It's all a matter of negotiation, not love for the franchise. And yes, wanting to stay put will factor into his potential to break if they play hard ball.

You failed comedian fuck.

Pretending you don't understand why some leafs fans would not love Marner or think he's a bitch and not a big game player is a special kind of hilarious. Anyway here's a fun stat. Call it bad luck, noisy, whatever. The stat is real regardless of how you feel and may help explain the great mystery of leafs fans not loving Marner.

Playoff careers in G5-7:

Matthews - 19 gp, 416.87 mins of TOI, 8 goals, 13 pts, 1.15 G/60, 1.87 pts/60

Nylander - 21 gp, 398.49 mins of TOI, 7 goals, 17 pts, 1.05 G/60, 2.56 pts/60

Marner - 21 gp, 465.70 mins of TOI, 1 goal, 9 pts, 0.13 G/60, 1.16 pts/60
I'm sure further dissection - say counting just 6 & 7, or removing one hilarious offensive outburst in 3 minutes plus in Columbus, and so on - would probably yield variations that would change the picture here. It sucks either way, but he has the ability to be one of the most dominant players, and don't buy that he won't deliver when the team is properly situated to succeed.

I'm sure further dissection - say counting just 6 & 7, or removing one hilarious offensive outburst in 3 minutes plus in Columbus, and so on - would probably yield variations that would change the picture here. It sucks either way, but he has the ability to be one of the most dominant players, and don't buy that he won't deliver when the team is properly situated to succeed.
Ok let's do it this way then. Goals per 60 since 18-19. All games. You like David Kampf right? I can keep listing the stats. They aren't good. To be surprised that he's not worshiped in Toronto is wild. But I think you're smarter than that and just playing stupid.

1000006257.jpg

So to recap: he fades late in every series. Auston's g/60 in games 5-7 match his regular season (and his assists fall short likely because his most common linemate is the guy that scores at a worse rate than David Kampf in the playoffs). And Willy's p/60 in games 5-7 also matches his reg season totals. Marner's does not. He doesn't produce in the biggest games late in the series and doesn't score at all in any playoff game. It's not that complicated.

Last edited:
Back