• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I'm sure further dissection

Go fuck yourself. Sincerely.

The amount of times you've thrown the same argument at me (but way more poorly than this one is) and now it requires further dissection?

Fuck off.

Just admit that the only goals that matter are the ones you want to matter to suit your narratives and move on.

Pretending you don't understand why some leafs fans would not love Marner or think he's a bitch and not a big game player is a special kind of hilarious. Anyway here's a fun stat. Call it bad luck, noisy, whatever. The stat is real regardless of how you feel and may help explain the great mystery of leafs fans not loving Marner.

Playoff careers in G5-7:

Matthews - 19 gp, 416.87 mins of TOI, 8 goals, 13 pts, 1.15 G/60, 1.87 pts/60

Nylander - 21 gp, 398.49 mins of TOI, 7 goals, 17 pts, 1.05 G/60, 2.56 pts/60

Marner - 21 gp, 465.70 mins of TOI, 1 goal, 9 pts, 0.13 G/60, 1.16 pts/60
I havent read past this post yet.

But given LOF's prior emphasis on scoring in elimination games, I'm sure this analysis on the importance of scoring in games later in the series, which are presumably more important, will definitely resonate and cause him to seriously reflect on his position.

I will read on now.

Go fuck yourself. Sincerely.

The amount of times you've thrown the same argument at me (but way more poorly than this one is) and now it requires further dissection?

Fuck off.

Just admit that the only goals that matter are the ones you want to matter to suit your narratives and move on.
No, fuck you.

I’ve made the argument before, at length, and with all the supporting facts, that all of these guys have dropped the ball in elimination games. Putting the focus on Marner is misleading and scapegoating.

Go back and pull up the game by game breakdown that I went to great pains to provide before. You got crushed under the weight of it, so you should remember exactly what I’m referring to.

I don’t know what the difference is here. Maybe it’s the addition of game 5’s to the mix, or maybe it’s going back to their first year instead of setting a cutoff a few years back. I can look into it in the morning, but the facts were that they all bombed in games 6 and 7 in recent years. I don’t care if stats from 2018 make Matty and Nylander look better. They’ve all been bad in big games.

Fuck you very much.

I havent read past this post yet.

But given LOF's prior emphasis on scoring in elimination games, I'm sure this analysis on the importance of scoring in games later in the series, which are presumably more important, will definitely resonate and cause him to seriously reflect on his position.

I will read on now.
What are you even saying - are there any games later in a series than elimination games to be “presumably more important”? Ho ho, ha ha, stupid morons.

I was the one always putting the focus on the final two games. And I still do in saying all of them have been subpar. This is not a Marner issue.

I keep thinking you are the weirdest contrarian i have ever encountered but then i tell myself, he's not a real person, this is a bit, a bit designed to....well i haven't arrived here yet, necessarily, but i do appreciate the time, effort and craft put into this bit, it's like Andy Kaufmann level.

Why don’t you work on your own bit first before worrying about anyone else’s. I’m eagerly awaiting the first instance where I read a post of yours and think, hm, that was clever, or funny, or entertaining.

Just one time is all I ask.

Why don’t you work on your own bit first before worrying about anyone else’s. I’m eagerly awaiting the first instance where I read a post of yours and think, hm, that was clever, or funny, or entertaining.

Just one time is all I ask.
I used to feel this way about you, now i appreciate literally everything about your character

Sometimes you he new coach comes nhl in keeps a holdover from the old staff as a bridegroom from old to new regime and they canned the man with glasses so they might keep Boucher for this, plus sort out specials

Back