• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Why are we moving rielly?

6 years at 7.5 is perfectly fine for a player like rielly. Add to the defense instead of subtracting our best defender.

We have 19 mil in space and only 2 RFAs to resign.

I'd love to know what "working on it" actually means.

Both players and club should know the parameters they are willing to do and what trade offs they will take.

If they bring back Domi and Bert and the entire core 4 is brought back, there really isn't gonna be much money left. Have to get a goalie, he'll cost some cash. And maybe enough for one good d and one cheapish one? Haven't played with the numbers for awhile but it's hard to see where they'd improve.

d0cbaabe813b955bea312d5997682ddc.gif

If they bring back Domi and Bert and the entire core 4 is brought back, there really isn't gonna be much money left. Have to get a goalie, he'll cost some cash. And maybe enough for one good d and one cheapish one? Haven't played with the numbers for awhile but it's hard to see where they'd improve.

I think Carrier is the best play as the "cheapish" D if our cap structure demands it. But it will probably end up being Edmundson instead because go fuck yourself.

Will be a massive wet fart of an off season for what could/should have been transformative to the roster though. I don't know what we're expecting to happen differently if we return Tavares to be even more of a boat anchor on the 2nd line and the same PP that sucks in the playoffs every year.

The only hope would be that somehow Berube is a Bitch Whisperer and they just turn into different players under him and the problem was Shitty Sheldon this whole time.

that's going to take a lot of tapdancing to explain at this point...but then again, we've got a veritable fucking Fred Astaire still in charge of this team

Having a failed organization brings out some incredible comedy. I laugh at most posts about the Leafs these days. There are positives to everything.

If two negatives make a positive, and we've got like a dozen negatives, there should be a whole lot of positivity around these parts this season.

Let's just start with imagining the fourth line with Kampf, Reaves, plus whoever was the worst fourth liner for the last place team. I'm positively ecstatic.

and just because I hate the robot bitch, here's the 5v5 P/60 of the 2C's from the playoffs, ranked, with cap hit.

Draisaitl: 2.63 - 8.5
Karlsson: 2.46 - 5.90
Nelson: 2.31 - 6.0
Mittelstadt: 2.23 - 2.5
Duchene: 2.18 - 3.0
Novak: 2.13 - 800K
Monahan: 2.11 - 2.0
Coyle: 2.09 - 5.25
Tavares: 1.9 - 11.0
Trochek: 1.89 - 5.65
Strome: 1.87 - 5.0
Danault: 1.87 - 5.5
Bennett: 1.67 - 4.25
Cirelli: 1.43 - 6.25
Staal: 1.39 - 2.9
Lindholm: 1.11 - 4.85

Fucking imagine keeping that twat. Mediocre 2C at 2-4x the cost of replacement.

Jesus fuck, you're lame. Get off it already. There's one year left. This isn't a Josh Anderson situation that you keep crying your eyes out about it every other day.

Worth keeping in mind that every bit of verbal diarrhea that dribbles out of this schmuck’s mouth on the topic of Mitch Marner is at the behest of Paul Marner & Darren Ferris.

Which is why, when Dreger appeared on OverDrive last week, he was desperately peddling the idea that the smartest possible move for the Leafs is to just re-sign Mitch to an 8 year deal at $12.5M+.

So expect him to continue following orders and keep banging that drum and pooh poo’ing any suggestions of a trade.
Tells you Marner wants to stay bad.

Back