• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Pretty sure everyone held their noses, at these last two years knowing that Tavares wasn't a burner when he was young - that he was only going to get slower.

Has there ever been any doubt that, if Mitch could rinse any team for an insanely exorbitant contract extension, he’d choose the Toronto Maple Leafs to be that team? Obviously he wants to stay.

Now it’s on our management to be smart enough to not let him.

Also pretty sure he realizes that his biggest contract is here. Even if someone else was willing to throw a bigger AAV, it would a market desperate to add his kind of talent. Calgary, Winnipeg, Utah, etc, etc. Team's who just aren't able to attract talent without overpays.

Has there ever been any doubt that, if Mitch could rinse any team for an insanely exorbitant contract extension, he’d choose the Toronto Maple Leafs to be that team? Obviously he wants to stay.

Now it’s on our management to be smart enough to not let him.
He'll never, ever make more elsewhere. The majority of his endorsements are right in Toronto and he makes what, 3 million+ per on them?
The pressure is more on Mitch than anyone is claiming.

He'll never, ever make more elsewhere. The majority of his endorsements are right in Toronto and he makes what, 3 million+ per on them?
The pressure is more on Mitch than anyone is claiming.

I imagine those endorsement dollars are declining precipitously with each subsequent playoff flop, so I’m not sure how much of a factor that really is.

And hopefully we don’t even offer him an extension at all, so that technically he’ll be able to make more literally anywhere else.

Maybe a little "trade talk summer" will wake the chickenshit up to needing to elevate his game and play for the team, and not the contract.

I imagine those endorsement dollars are declining precipitously with each subsequent playoff flop, so I’m not sure how much of a factor that really is.

And hopefully we don’t even offer him an extension at all, so that technically he’ll be able to make more literally anywhere else.
Imagine hating a 27 year old homegrown talent that gets 100 points in his sleep.

Pinning the playoff failures on one or two guys is ridiculous.

giphy.gif

Years of failure and they may take the easy route out and run it back (for eight years at high dollars and NMC at that) and blame recurring embarrassing results on Gregor, Mikheyev, Kerfoot et Al.

I just don't believe it. This is all either Paul Marner leak to Darren or Leafs leak to bring up their ask in a trade. There is no way he is back.

Back