• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Think he always wanted to use it for a top 3 dman.

I mean, he could....or he could just use his available cap space to sign 2 of the like, 7 top 3 guys that are available in free agency. It would mean going a bit cheap up front (but we have kids who are ready for top 6/9 spots imo) and in net (risky risky, but Stolarz-Woll at least has potential I guess) but it's doable without sending that 1st out the door.

I mean, he could....or he could just use his available cap space to sign 2 of the like, 7 top 3 guys that are available in free agency. It would mean going a bit cheap up front (but we have kids who are ready for top 6/9 spots imo) and in net (risky risky, but Stolarz-Woll at least has potential I guess) but it's doable without sending that 1st out the door.

Think it will be one UFA and one trade to fill out the top four. Could be Marner to grab one or the 1st + lilli + prospects or more picks. Someone with term/control that is signed under the pre-Arizona move cap world vs a UFA. Gives the team money for another C (god willing to replace JT - but more likely to shift him to LW for this year).

Do we still have an "Around the League" thread that I can't see?

Some reporting that Pesce is likely heading to the NJD.

I don’t like it. Hopefully the Woll deal is cheaper than rumored. If true this pretty much cements us as not getting a true #1 goalie.

That’s where I’m at.

I guess we can go into the season by significantly improving the defense. But when we get bounced next year because our goalie was hurt and the back up sucks shit I want everyone fucking fired.

Ideal offseason, or Ideal pizza offseason?

If its the latter:

Sign Montour, Tanev and Broissoit/Stolarz and a center Benoit.

Ideal involves trading 3 particular forwards.

Fun stat:

McDavid ended up with 42 pts this playoffs.

These current Leafs all time playoff points

Tavares: 24
Rielly: 40
Nylander: 43
Matthews: 48
Marner: 50

Just wait for the goalies to be our undoing yet again. See this board scrounge for excuses again. Every year we see the same thing.

It’s still early so I have some hope still but damn not a good start for Bundy if that Will deal is real.

Move: Tavares and kampf (~13.5MM removed from cap)
Sign: Skjei, Roy, 3rd LC (domi), goalie brossiot (although cam talbot would be another way to go)

Trade for: 2nd line C (Necas maybe or other).
Wingers (whoever left will take $3MM (toffoli, duchene etc)

Screenshot_20240625-103257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back