• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

That was Wes Clark after Tre had only been here a few weeks. A little worried how the draft strategy might change this year. He did hire a new assistant GM to oversee player personnel.
They could do worse than take a Charlie Elick or EJ Emery. But there will still be really good prospects on the board, and he did show he'll listen to Wes.

McGroarty is that good? Is he ready to step in right away?

As for Tanev. I don’t want him at all. Old. Previously really injury prone. He’d be a guy I’d circle back to when the market cools off and he’s left holding the bag. But he won’t be that guy. I fully expect him to get overpaid.

McGroarty is that good? Is he ready to step in right away?

As for Tanev. I don’t want him at all. Old. Previously really injury prone. He’d be a guy I’d circle back to when the market cools off and he’s left holding the bag. But he won’t be that guy. I fully expect him to get overpaid.
52 pts in 36 games mostly as a 19 year old in the NCAA for a big program and I believe he was the US captain at the world juniors.

I mean I haven't said they should go with Woll-Hildeby with Kallgren as the third goalie. I've been a Stolarz or Brossoit guy for awhile. I just think the opportunity to address the d is too evident and obvious this summer to pass up.

If they can acquire two of the top 4 d available and let their accumulation of youth up front take over the reigns, they'll be in excellent shape for the next 5 years or so.
so we agree they need another goalie. great.

I agree they should address the D. but I also don't have any problems spending more than Broissoit-Stolarz money on goaltending. Florida just won spending like $15 m on goaltending? the lesson to me is acquire good players.

there are lots of good UFA d-men available, and I'd like us to acquire them. fewer good UFA goalies, so I'm open to a trade.

so we agree they need another goalie. great.

I agree they should address the D. but I also don't have any problems spending more than Broissoit-Stolarz money on goaltending. Florida just won spending like $15 m on goaltending? the lesson to me is acquire good players.

there are lots of good UFA d-men available, and I'd like us to acquire them. fewer good UFA goalies, so I'm open to a trade.
This is where folks get confused with the whole correlation = causation bit. They didn't win BECAUSE of that. They won in spite of it. You can get Bob level goaltending performance with a tandem that costs half the price. He hasn't been special for Florida like he was for Columbus. And it took some incredible bargains for Florida to do it in spite of what they wasted on goaltending. They have some incredible contracts on that roster that the Leafs simply do not have at the moment (hopefully soon with some kids up front becoming more and more ready).

NqAHouA.jpeg

It probably takes more than our 1st this year and I would likely pay as much as 1st + minten for him. Knies, Robertson, Cowan and Mcgroaty is very nice compliment to matthews, marner, Nylander moving forward.

Bitch about the Leafs D at times but this if fugly for a team that almost won it all

View: https://x.com/CityOfChamps14/status/1805436514937012500

Before the Ekholm trade Bouchard was just as crappy as the rest of them. That Ekholm trade not only gave them a very good top pair dman in Ekholm, but it helped turn Bouchard into an elite dman as well. Just a massive, massive change in the team's fortunes with that one move.

And who did we get that year? Ryan Oreilly and Jake McCabe. One guy who couldn’t leave here fast enough. And another who has been a fringey top 4 dman. And we’re about to lose our 1st next year for McCabe.

The Fraud really did us dirty.

Back