• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Bertuzzi is a $4M guy. Any more is an overpay, as I expect he'll be getting worse and not better than what we just saw from him.

Domi is purely a guy who I say take it or leave it, no negotiations. $2.5M or $2.75M x 2 years. If term or dollars start with a 3, he can leave.

2023-24 Total Points & P/60

Domi: 47 - 2.73 P/60 ($2.5M or $2.75M x 2 years. If term or dollars start with a 3, he can leave.)
Bertuzzi: 43 - 1.88 P/60 (Bertuzzi is a $4M guy. Any more is an overpay)
Debursk: 40 = 1.48 P/60 (6M? Fuck that, how about 7!)

Make it make sense pls.

2023-24 Total Points & P/60

Domi: 47 - 2.73 P/60 ($2.5M or $2.75M x 2 years. If term or dollars start with a 3, he can leave.)
Bertuzzi: 43 - 1.88 P/60 (Bertuzzi is a $4M guy. Any more is an overpay)
Debursk: 40 = 1.48 P/60 (6M? Fuck that, how about 7!)

Make it make sense pls.
Domi got a show me deal for $3M and did worse than the prior year.

Bertuzzi looks like a slow and broken player waiting to happen (imminently), and didn't look anywhere close to a guy who could get 30.

Debrusk is adored by the eye test, younger, fast, and seems like he'd be a perfect fit and a good candidate to take it to another level with us.

Did he?

P/60

22/23 Chicago: 1.90
23/24 Toront: 2.73

Domi was much better at 5v5 for Toronto (after being pretty good for Chicago). You're mistaking the difference between getting force fed opportunity the player has otherwise not earned (he was on a terrible team playing on it's top line, top PP unit) and being actually good. But at least you're consistent.

Bertuzzi looks like a slow and broken player waiting to happen (imminently), and didn't look anywhere close to a guy who could get 30.

Debrusk is adored by the eye test, younger, fast, and seems like he'd be a perfect fit and a good candidate to take it to another level with us.

You're just making shit up as you go along.

The funny bit is that the guy who "doesn't look anywhere close to a guy who could get 30 is the only guy being discussed who has actually gotten 30 and broken Bertuzzi had a better year than "perfect fit" Debrusk.

Last edited:
Did he?

P/60

22/23 Chicago: 1.90
23/24 Toront: 2.73

Domi was much better at 5v5 for Toronto (after being pretty good for Chicago). You're mistaking the difference between getting force fed opportunity the player has otherwise not earned (he was on a terrible team playing on it's top line, top PP unit) and being actually good. But at least you're consistent.

You're just making shit up as you go along.

The funny bit is that the guy who "doesn't look anywhere close to a guy who could get 3"0 is the only guy being discussed who has actually gotten 30 and broken Bertuzzi had a better year than "perfect fit" Debrusk.
I guess he wasn't force fed anything on powerhouses like Columbus and Montreal before then.

Debrusk seems like a perfect replica of B. Schenn for Berube in the cup run. That's a useful thing to have in this lineup

I guess he wasn't force fed anything on powerhouses like Columbus and Montreal before then.

He was good for Montreal as well though. His 2 yr 82gm splits: 24G 62PTS would be Jake Debrusks career high in points, by a lot.

But this is just you deflecting. He signed a 1 yr "show me" deal in Toronto and he performed well in it. Just looking at his point totals and saying lol 56 > 47 Domi Bad! is brutally bad levels of shitty, embarassing, mouth breathing analysis.

Debrusk seems like a perfect replica of B. Schenn for Berube in the cup run. That's a useful thing to have in this lineup

St Louis didn't have 4 guys making 10.9 million or more up front when they made their run. Unless we can find a few top 4 defenders for league minimum, we're not going to be able to spread cap money around up front for good 20-25 goal guys at ~6 million.

Tre is gonna surprise everyone with a trade of JT. And maybe even resign in the off season or get him resigned in a place like Utah with better tax implications.

He was good for Montreal as well though. His 2 yr 82gm splits: 24G 62PTS would be Jake Debrusks career high in points, by a lot.

But this is just you deflecting. He signed a 1 yr "show me" deal in Toronto and he performed well in it. Just looking at his point totals and saying lol 56 > 47 Domi Bad! is brutally bad levels of shitty, embarassing, mouth breathing analysis.
He's had a bunch of crap seasons in his career, he's dumped by every team after a short stint, he took a cheapo deal with us and didn't really prove anything since he wasn't good for much of the year, and now it's time to let him cash in? No thanks.

Back