• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

It is pretty funny that the only way LOF can get his wish and the leafs sign Debrusk is if they trade his boys Tavares or Marner.
I'm sure that's not the case. We don't have to go pay Roy $6M for some reason. If we got Skjei and Montour, then ok to not get a shot at Debrusk, but I'm not loading up with these lower tier guys and blocking myself off from the bigger fish.

He's had a bunch of crap seasons in his career,

He's been a 40-55 point middle 6 forward who can play wherever you need every year.

he's dumped by every team after a short stint

He's also been used as a valuable trade piece by multiple teams now. He's a decent player.
he took a cheapo deal with us and didn't really prove anything since he wasn't good for much of the year, and now it's time to let him cash in?

lol at 3.5 x 2 being "cash in"

Fuck off.

I'm sure that's not the case. We don't have to go pay Roy $6M for some reason. If we got Skjei and Montour, then ok to not get a shot at Debrusk, but I'm not loading up with these lower tier guys and blocking myself off from the bigger fish.
Debrusk is higher tier than Roy?!

He's been a 40-55 point middle 6 forward who can play wherever you need every year.

He's also been used as a valuable trade piece by multiple teams now. He's a decent player.

lol at 3.5 x 2 being "cash in"

Fuck off.
What?? He wants $4M x 4.

And yeah, only one bad year. He's so fucking good that no team ever wants to sign him to a term deal.

What?? He wants $4M x 4.

And yeah, only one bad year. He's so fucking good that no team ever wants to sign him to a term deal.

Everyone wants whatever they can get. Why not go with the hilarious rumour from a few weeks ago of 6 yrs at 5M?

and yes. One bad year.

Career PPG

Domi: .63
Debrusk .57

How many bad years could he have possibly had? His worst season of his career was .44ppg. Every other season but one has been between .55ppg-.70ppg. That other season was .88ppg. Throw out the high and low and you have a good estimate of the player. A guy who will give you .55-.7ppg based on role.

Regular Season + Playoffs, last 2yrs

Domi (29): 186gms, EV 11gl/44pt pace, PP 4gl/9pt pace
Tavares (34): 188gms, EV18gl/41pt pace, PP 13gl/27pt pace
DeBrusk (28): 164gms, EV 20gl/37pt pace, PP 6gl/15pt pace
Bertuzzi (29): 144gms, EV 13gl/37pt pace, PP 7gl/13pt pace

of course, there's a way we could afford all 3 of Domi, Debrusk, and Bertuzzi....

This is amazing. With Domi being as good as he apparently is, he should get a bigger and better contract than Bertuzzi and Debrusk, just like he did last year.

Right?

I wouldn't take any of them at market value except maybe Domi as well because of the c factor. Prioritize d. Many forwards out there that can do the same things at relatively similar rates. Grab the ones you can land on value deals. From the sounds of things Perron may be one of those guys. If Bert and/or Domi is willing to give the leafs a sweetheart deal then yeah I'm in.
Mhmm

Back