• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

LOF has been on the dump the krok train for a while!

It was his idea this entire time.

wntgd.jpg

I think there are a handful of Domi and Bert comparables that i wouldnt be in a rush to pay either before i saw the landscape.

David Perron for example brings alot of the Bert stuff and is no doubt cheaper both term/dollars

There is a glut of useful middle 6 F on the market this year.

Dewar is fine. Its the Kampf/Krok/Reaves depth money that are the problem.

A solid, pker that can play any position for $800k is good to have.

I'm good with taking advantage of guys wanting to stay if it means getting value. Him and Domi both taking cheapo deals would be delightful.

I'm a lot less picky about any winger depth they may add. Just get value there. With d I'm picky and prioritize quality. Same goes for c of they can find one. Domi would be fine.

Last edited:
I'm good with taking advantage of guys wanting to stay if it means getting value. Him and Domi both taking cheapo deals would be delightful.

Fwiw, here's the projected market value on both

Domi: 2 x 3.587
Bertuzzi: 4 x 5.3

I'd take Domi at market value. Not sure if I would take Bertuzzi at market value. As I've argued in the Debrusk conversations, finding a winger who can pot you 20+ on the cheap is one of the easier achievements to manage in free agency. Dunno if I'm too horny about handing out 21 million guaranteed for it. More interested in that than the projected 5 x 5.82 for debrusk, but would honestly rather go this way:

and find a guy or two who falls through the cracks out of this group:

Duclair (3 x 4.3)
Duchene (3 x 4.8)
Skinner (no projection yet)
Toffoli (4 x 6.0)
Teravainen (4 x 5.2)
Monahan (4 x 5.3)
Tarasenko (2 x 4.2)
Mantha (3 x 4.8)
Perron (2 x 2.9)

I wouldn't take any of them at market value except maybe Domi as well because of the c factor. Prioritize d. Many forwards out there that can do the same things at relatively similar rates. Grab the ones you can land on value deals. From the sounds of things Perron may be one of those guys. If Bert and/or Domi is willing to give the leafs a sweetheart deal then yeah I'm in.

Back