• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Because it's not really a 5 year deal. He's not 35 yet, so if he retires before the end of the deal it goes away. So you front load the deal as much as the CBA allows and make it bonus heavy. Leafman did the math the other day but basically on something that is like a 5x5 you can have like ~18-20 million paid out by the July 1 previous to the start of the 4th year. He gets his money, retires later in July and it's off our books.

Still won’t retire (why leaves millions on the table when all you have to do is apply for a Robidas Island passport) but who cares?

Still won’t retire (why leaves millions on the table when all you have to do is apply for a Robidas Island passport) but who cares?

You structure it to create the possibility, but yeah. He just rides out on Robidas and we get him for cheaper than market AAV.

If we don't dump any more salaries, the best we can really do is sign two good dmen and one of the good tandem goalies, using around $17m in capspace. and that would be very tight. and that would likely mean losing a guy like Lilly too.

Moving Kampf + Krok ($4.5m) would free up room to add a $3.5m type forward, filling the other spot with a $1m type guy (i.e. prospect).

Moving Tavares or Marner would obviously free up a lot more.

Lots of Brodie slander I see. Didn’t his dad die last offseason? Not to absolve him of having a shit season(because he did) but that’s a pretty tough thing for anyone to get through. He looked like a guy that got into the booze pretty heavy. Wouldn’t be the least surprised to see him have a way better year next year. Not here but I see him being a good value signing for some team.

Prob way better than Tanev value wise.

Like at the moment this roster would be bang up against the cap, maybe even without any room for press box players.

Knies --- Matthews --- Nylander
Robertson --- Tavares --- Marner
McMann --- Holmberg --- Jarnkrok
Dewar --- Kampf --- Reaves

Rielly --- Roy
McCabe --- Montour
Benoit --- Timmins

Woll
Brossoit

and I like this roster. even if we lose Lilly.

But if we want to change up the forward mix, some salaried forwards will have to be moved out.

Oh he loves Tanev. But the fact they're willing to go 5+ years means they can get him under the market rate. And that is gonna be appealing for any gm. I don't know where lof is getting 5x5 from. I don't think he gets 5m on a 5 year deal.
That clip said $5m for 5 years, not me.

Those guys have to go. Jarn too.

Throw Cowan and Minten in there. Run with youth.

shocked-surprised.gif

Apparently Friedman claimed on the radio that Domi’s ask from the Leafs is “in the neighbourhood” of $4M x 4 years.

Back