• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Tanev is a great add, just hope we get someone else not named Zadorov. OEL is intriguing
Zadorov is a beast that wants to play in big market. OEL was a forever failure....and the panthers brought him back to life. He is an offensive defensman. But he's slowed down

Of course the trade of JT is the main play....and I actually think we might be able to do it.
Look at the hate JT got from walking away from the islanders. Would he want to do that to his home town leafs? He may choose to go elsewhere for the year and then resign for cheap next year...or count his money tax free from what he's going through here.

I also think marner with sign a short term extension at just over Nylander money. Big moves available now with JT gone

Of course the trade of JT is the main play....and I actually think we might be able to do it.
Look at the hate JT got from walking away from the islanders. Would he want to do that to his home town leafs? He may choose to go elsewhere for the year and then resign for cheap next year...or count his money tax free from what he's going through here.

I also think marner with sign a short term extension at just over Nylander money. Big moves available now with JT gone
LOF evil twin over here.

This is an offseason where I miss Kyle. For all his warts he consistently identified the right d. Rarely had a miss on a big addition. My issue with him is that he didn't try enough or try for more in the latter years. Muzzin, Brodie, McCabe. All three slam dunks. And with so many solid d available this offseason I'd feel comfortable he'd pick the right one.

This is an offseason where I miss Kyle. For all his warts he consistently identified the right d. Rarely had a miss on a big addition. My issue with him is that he didn't try enough or try for more in the latter years. Muzzin, Brodie, McCabe. All three slam dunks. And with so many solid d available this offseason I'd feel comfortable he'd pick the right one.

Ya like Barrie and Ceci.

Ryan Graves was a disaster but last year was an atrocious offseason and he was forced into grabbing one of them. With this kind of selection he wasn't gonna miss.

I will say that Tanev + Zadorov would actually be a legit culture change.

Of course it would be nice to improve the talent level first.

Back