• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Dregs also mentions they want all three of Tanev, Zadorov and OEL.
Starting to look like he’s going cheap on D and will focus his dollars on more offense. Not that I’m totally against that approach but….

With some amazing D available for free, and with a bunch of cheap promising forwards already on the team with more on the way, it’s feels like a misread of the situation and a squandering of opportunity.

Worst of all would be if he’s not cheaping out on D and paying big money to Tanev. Then all bets are off and we should just go kill ourselves.

Starting to look like he’s going cheap on D and will focus his dollars on more offense. Not that I’m totally against that approach but….

With some amazing D available for free, and with a bunch of cheap promising forwards already on the team with more on the way, it’s feels like a misread of the situation and a squandering of opportunity.

Worst of all would be if he’s not cheaping out on D and paying big money to Tanev. Then all bets are off and we should just go kill ourselves.
Zadorov turned down 5m on a long-term deal from Vancouver. Likely takes 5.5-6 to get him done. Tanev.. I'm scared we may see 4s. OEL, no idea but they won't have space for forwards if they get all 3 of those d.

Why the hell would they get all three of those guys. This is madness. It’s like he mixed up the top tier of names with the next tier and is thirsting after the wrong guys to overpay them. Fucking hell, what did we do to deserve this guy?

I think Tanev is the perfect Reilly partner

Nah, we have to stop doing this. Stop giving Rielly a defensive minder and then playing him against hard competition.

Give Rielly someone else who has offensive skills, and play them against easy competition. Give him all the O zone starts, etc.

If you bring in a Tanev, it's to handle the tough matchups. Keep Mo as far away from that as we can.

Have to say, I was good with Shanny throughout all this. If Dubie didn’t ultimately come through, ok it happens. He wanted to hire the donkey to replace him, okay maybe he sees something in him. He allowed Keefe to stay on way past his expiration date, pretty fucking annoying. But if he just blindly lets Pizza Shoes fill up the cap with shit contracts to olds, then Shanny really does have to fuck off. He lost the plot when the Dubas Family made its power move and hasn’t really recovered.

Back