• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Hoss's high take of the day. Happy Canada weekend boys. I am pleasantly torqued on some Afghani hash and just mellowing out on some rainbow driver. Any whoo.

Here are my latest thoughts and predictions.

We sign Tanev for 6 at 3.75-4 to be between 20-25 million total.

The nhl can suck a bag of dicks if they want to investigate that....that's what you get when Ben Danforth snubs you at the draft.

I like the Domi deal. Need those type of guys

Stamkos is an ass....but him letting marner know that he may come up to play and to let him know to take maybe take a bit of a discount.

Tampa is ruthless and so are other clubs. Tre has to tell marner to sign a two or three year extension at just over Nylander money and give us a 15 team no trade list that opens up in year three and if you are a part of us having success in those years then we sign you to a big extension after that. Easy.

Tre is waiting until July 1 to pay Jts upfront payment making him only owed 900k. Tavares will agree to go to not sour the relationship with the city..and get out of paying all those taxes. There may be an agreement that if they can trade for him back by the deadline they'll try.

I'm starting to agree with the idea of Tanev with mcabe as the shutdown pair. That would be scary.

That's I think I want a crazy bastard like Zadorov. But I want him with Benoit. We really should force Reilly and Lilly to be the offensive pairing. It should work but I know that it hasn't. Grrrr.

I think I would take Stamkos if he gave us a sweet deal and who cares of term if the number is right. But where does Stamkos play? Is he a centre or winger. Cuz then I'd like to get a good fast 3C.

In short. I want Zadorov and Tanev.
I would be interested in Stamkos instead of bertuzzi

I want broissout or stolarz and I want a 2C -3C regardless of if JT is here or not

I want marner on a short term deal to let him show us how badly he wants to stay and win.

Look forward to hearing the ridicule....however I'm going to be cooking my first meal on my new weber genesis at the cottage..life is good

Should be looking at guys that could be the next Montour.

Does Boqvist have potential? He put up decent numbers a couple years ago.

For cheap I mean.

Fuck. We went from hoping for Skjei, Roy, Montour to being ok with Zadorov and Tanev.

And still no goalie upgrade. Miss me with Stolarz or Broissoit being tangible upgrades.

I like the fact that Zadorov called his shot when he was here and made it known he wanted to play here. 5 x 5 is easy. I think he has offensive potential with a shot

As reported by Elliotte Friedman the Toronto Maple Leafs could be prepared to offer Chris Tanev a 6-7 year deal to keep the AAV down.

Even if it results in him retiring before the contract is finished.

Worth noting. Tanev will be signing the cap hit at the age of 34, meaning Leafs would not accrue any cap hits if he retires early (35+ contracts only)

I like that part and will agree with Mindz now that he’s 34.5 and not 35. If we sign him, of course, and it’s not clear we want to.

As reported by Elliotte Friedman the Toronto Maple Leafs could be prepared to offer Chris Tanev a 6-7 year deal to keep the AAV down.

Even if it results in him retiring before the contract is finished.

Worth noting. Tanev will be signing the cap hit at the age of 34, meaning Leafs would not accrue any cap hits if he retires early (35+ contracts only)

I like that part and will agree with Mindz now that he’s 34.5 and not 35. If we sign him, of course, and it’s not clear we want to.
lol that’s why ppl were making such a big point about 34

Back