• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

There's lots of market value moves that just shouldn't be made. If he gets pushed down to the 3rd pairing, at that contract, for what he brings in the 1st year of it, I'd call that a fucking disaster tbh.
i mean, this is just jonas-level analysis. 2nd PP guy sheltered on the 3rd pair for $3.5m is perfectly fine. We absolutely needed someone to provide even the tiniest bit of offensive spark on the back end, he should be able to do this.

3rd goalie, if he rehabs and gets back to something resembling full health (lol) he's probably still really good. Before he got what I assume is conkied again, he had one of the most dominant stretches of play in net that I've seen in a Leaf net since Eddie.
While I agree with him being fire before, if we are concerned about the durability of our netminders this concerns me just as much if I’m being honest.

While I agree with him being fire before, if we are concerned about the durability of our netminders this concerns me just as much if I’m being honest.

As our #3 he's fine. Hard to find a #3 with any upside, and if he was even healthy for 3-4 weeks at the end of last year he probably signs for some form of money and term somewhere else.

Woll
Stolarz
Murray
Hildeby
Akhy

Someone has to stay healthy and not suck, right?

brad-treliving.jpg

If Brad got Roy over OEL I'd be jizzing all over town about this offseason. They'd be able to make it work with a few moves or maybe not signing Max.

But I do get the logic behind OEL. I really do. I don't hate the price either.
yeah I don't love it. But if OEL can just play well enough and give us some O, I don't hate it either.

Back