• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

In the end is Domi, Tanev, OEL better than Tanev, Roy, and ~1m cash?

Or Liljegren, Tanev, OEL vs Tanev, Roy?

Gun to my head I think I sign Roy and Tanev and skip Domi.

Reactions: CH1
In the end is Domi, Tanev, OEL better than Tanev, Roy, and ~1m cash?

Or Liljegren, Tanev, OEL vs Tanev, Roy?

Gun to my head I think I sign Roy and Tanev and skip Domi.
But then you'd be relying on a whole lotta youth in your forward depth with limited c deoth. Liljegren basically cost them that second upper tier d and now that we know they're an analytics organization you have to wonder if the nerds pushed for Tre to keep him. A $3m Roy caliber player would be great. He better show up next year or I'm gonna go postal on lof.

This guy could conceivably maybe possibly be interesting at some future point in time.

6tuUQuv.jpeg

And... not a real person.

3kGJrHW.jpeg

CJ on a podcast earlier today said it's unlikely Marner gets traded and Robertson obviously unhappy with minutes but the team is giving him a bigger role if he stays.

So basically media confirmation of what most of us thought was likely.

But then you'd be relying on a whole lotta youth in your forward depth with limited c deoth. Liljegren basically cost them that second upper tier d and now that we know they're an analytics organization you have to wonder if the nerds pushed for Tre to keep him. A $3m Roy caliber player would be great. He better show up next year or I'm gonna go postal on lof.
He's probably gonna be better than him as early as this year.

But we should've been able to get Roy instead of OEL. Still have the 4th line trash in the lineup that would've easily supplied the extra $2M.

Wouldn't shock me if a tie went to Washington, with him being an American and all. Leafs likely needed to go to 6m for Roy. So an extra 2.5m.

Could probably get a center comparable to Kampf for 1m less than him. Unloading Reaves saves a few hundred k. Jarny another 1m or so if you replace him with a 1m guy. Could have done it I guess if they went real lean up front. But the easier way was to not sign Domi or Liljegren.

I'm just encouraged that every player they got or were linked to other than Domi was a tulsky nerd special. Even more so than the last few years of Dubas.

Back