• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I'm just encouraged that every player they got or were linked to other than Domi was a tulsky nerd special. Even more so than the last few years of Dubas.
I have this feeling sometimes that Pizza Shoes, now that he's freed himself of Keefe, will slowly, deliberately, conservatively, fill in the blanks and find a way to put together the winning formula, thereby making every one of us a fucking Pizza Moron and elevating himself to Pizza King.

It might just be gas though, I don't really know.

lol

9184797.jpg

Ooof

Well done boys, well done. You can't even sell Toronto boys on coming home to have a chance to win anymore.

Skinner has been stuck in Buffalo for years and given the chance to escape, still passed over Toronto.

Jesus.

lol

9184797.jpg

Ooof

Well done boys, well done. You can't even sell Toronto boys on coming home to have a chance to win anymore.

Skinner has been stuck in Buffalo for years and given the chance to escape, still passed over Toronto.

Jesus.

Players know you come to Toronto for money, not to win anything

The org tried to take too many shortcuts, after saying they'd be patient. Marleau, Taveres, not even trying to develop Willy as a centre, the constant stream of gud pros instead of cheap kids on ELC for the bottom of the lineup. Shanaplan indeed.

Not to mention the oldest old-school GM trick in the book—annually firing all of your highest-value draft picks out of a cannon at the trade deadline to rent expiring vets.

Both the Skinner rumour and the Roy rumour seem to indicate that Brad is fully intending to move out at least $2-3 mil in salary.

That could be Kampf+Krok, could be Liljegren. Could be something bigger.

Has to be Kampf and Jarny. There's no way they see value in that Kampf deal and for three more years.

The issue is they may not have any takers for him.

Both the Skinner rumour and the Roy rumour seem to indicate that Brad is fully intending to move out at least $2-3 mil in salary.

That could be Kampf+Krok, could be Liljegren. Could be something bigger.
After listening to Brad's presser yesterday, yeah I'm not convinced he's all-in on keeping Liljegren.

1. He mentioned multiple times that oel can play the right side (2nd pair rd?) and that was a major reason they got him.

2. Mentioned Hakanpaa is elite pker and was a major reason they got him. Sounded like he's a regular (3rd pair rd?)

3. Rambled about all of his re-signings, jerking off over all of them and skipped Liljegren. Think it was cj that said "you forgot Liljegren" and he spent the next minute or two discussing why his cost was high and talking about how many d they have and how many options they have moving forward. Nothing about Liljegren specifically as a player.

You can healthy scratch him for a Hakanpaa when he's making 1m but at 3m he's a regular and I'm not fully convinced Brad loves that idea. But on the other end of it there's no reason they'd let his 3m impact their July 1st. Surely they could have traded him sooner or just let him go. It may have cost them Roy in the end.

After listening to Brad's presser yesterday, yeah I'm not convinced he's all-in on keeping Liljegren.

1. He mentioned multiple times that oel can play the right side (2nd pair rd?) and that was a major reason they got him.

2. Mentioned Hakanpaa is elite pker and was a major reason they got him. Sounded like he's a regular (3rd pair rd?)

3. Rambled about all of his re-signings, jerking off over all of them and skipped Liljegren. Think it was cj that said "you forgot Liljegren" and he spent the next minute or two discussing why his cost was high and talking about how many d they have and how many options they have moving forward. Nothing about Liljegren specifically as a player.

You can healthy scratch him for a Hakanpaa when he's making 1m but at 3m he's a regular and I'm not fully convinced Brad loves that idea. But on the other end of it there's no reason they'd let his 3m impact their July 1st. Surely they could have traded him sooner or just let him go. It may have cost them Roy in the end.

i don't think it cost them anyone. he would have gone over the cap and then traded lilly later.

Even if he's not all in on Lilly, he's doing exactly what I said he should, which is to bring him back and see how he does under the new coach.

He'll be in the opening night lineup. After that, it's up to him to cement his spot.

I can promise that he's not getting dealt before then.

Back