• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Long time backups that became good starters late in their careers record and age pre starting season:

Talbot (28): 57 gp, .931
Thomas (32); 42 gp, .916
Dubnyk (31): 231 gp, .914
Stolarz (30): 109 gp, .914
Bishop (28): 42 gp, .913
Kuemper (28): 131 gp, .912
Anderson (28): 109 gp, .911

There's a bunch of things to be intrigued out.

1720025950542.png

That's over the last 3 seasons combined, minimum of 3000 minutes, all strengths. He's had the worst defensive play in front of him of the group (2 of the 3 seasons being in Anaheim will do that to a guy) but right in the mix with the best goalies in the league. The obvious risk is whether this translates to higher workloads. We need another 10+ starts out of him than he's given Florida or Anaheim in any single season.

I mean Stolarz' numbers will almost definitely come down if he gets another 10-20 games, especially as it'll likely come against tougher competion.

just a question of how much.

I mean Stolarz' numbers will almost definitely come down if he gets another 10-20 games, especially as it'll likely come against tougher competion.

just a question of how much.

Does the difficulty in shots faced even that out though vs how grim the team D was in front of him for 2/3rds of that time?

Samsonov's expected GA was 2.74 to Stolarz's 3.04. .30 seems like a trivial thing, but that's an 11-12% increase in difficulty vs Samsonov.

and truth is he did better against good offenses than against bad offenses, though he played vs bad offenses twice as a often.

so yeah, backup duty when your team is half assing it against easier teams doesn't always goose your stats.

9ZGixzX.gif

Hoss's High Hopes/predictions.

Easton Cowan makes the team and comes out gangbusters. Basically playing like a young marner with a bit more feistyness...leading to the leafs just letting marner play the year out and walking away...or trading him by the deadline to wherever. All because Cowen makes an impact.

A trade at the deadline would be monstrous...but I can see it be a move that Vegas does. Getting us a pretty good player or two in return. Pushing Cowen down the line but in a sheltered role on line three and four. Perfect developing story.

If I won't say who, what good will guessing do?

Might be more productive to go back into the archives and repost those arguments about how he would never make the team this year.

I'll happily own my take

1720046335926.png

So if I'm who is being referred to, I said it was possible he's ready this year but that similar prospects tend to break through as full timers at 21-22.

Back