• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I do not have an addictive personality. I've quit cigarettes, pot and alcohol for long stretches at a time cold turkey.

My only addiction is arguing just about anything, even about arguing.
You and ME should fuck. And argue. And then make up fuck.

Best shape of my life!

Expect a horrible season.
vladweights-e1606397528382.jpg

With all that uncertainty that he'll ever play again, why only a two year deal? Should've given 7 years and gotten the cap hit down to $250k or something. That is the winning strategy these days.

Jokes aside, I did read that there's strong doubt that he'll ever play again, so why was it something that we needed to do here again?

With all that uncertainty that he'll ever play again, why only a two year deal? Should've given 7 years and gotten the cap hit down to $250k or something. That is the winning strategy these days.

Jokes aside, I did read that there's strong doubt that he'll ever play again, so why was it something that we needed to do here again?
1.5 in instant LTIR?

Because he was probably the best pker available at that price point and after last year's fiasco Tre said he wanted to address it. And at evens he's at worst a replacement level player.

The good news is he's one of like 9 d that are NHLers on this roster. Can never have too many d!!! (Except when you do actually have too many d.. that's not good either)

Because he was probably the best pker available at that price point and after last year's fiasco Tre said he wanted to address it. And at evens he's at worst a replacement level player.

The good news is he's one of like 9 d that are NHLers on this roster. Can never have too many d!!! (Except when you do actually have too many d.. that's not good either)
I would've preferred them to sign Nik Lidstrom then, since if we're going to have a player that never actually plays for us, it'd be cool to have him.

Looking at capfriendly just now and...I don't think I have much confidence in this team going far. I look at that D and I'm just like, it's so sorely lacking another great skating offensive threat. The OEL add is too poor man's version of what we need, like destitute man's offensive D. They can't and won't trade Marner or Tavares, so this is pretty much it. The only other moves would be to free up the $3.5M by dumping the fourth line and maybe getting a player like Skinner - figure that must've been the plan if we landed him, but since we didn't, the 4th liners live to kill us another day.

And then looking ahead to the season after, it's kinda more of the same. Tavares comes off, Marner gets a bit of a raise most likely, so say it frees up $10M. If Tavares is still capable of posting 30 goals next year, then I'd expect they'll bring him back for a short deal at maybe $4M x 2 or 3. So say that leaves $6M. Maybe the cap goes up another $4M or more, but let's just use that number and say there's $10M to spend. McCabe and Knies are really the only ones that'll need new deals. Knies will be cheapish, but McCabe probably will be wanting $5M or $6M, which I'm not sure we'll pay. But basically re-up Knies and McCabe and have maybe like $3M more to spend. Seems like trades will be the only way to shake up the roster in any material way at that point.

We also have no picks to trade this deadline really, so it's kinda like, this is more or less the team, do or die, through Matty's contract.

Looking at capfriendly just now and...I don't think I have much confidence in this team going far. I look at that D and I'm just like, it's so sorely lacking another great skating offensive threat. The OEL add is too poor man's version of what we need, like destitute man's offensive D. They can't and won't trade Marner or Tavares, so this is pretty much it. The only other moves would be to free up the $3.5M by dumping the fourth line and maybe getting a player like Skinner - figure that must've been the plan if we landed him, but since we didn't, the 4th liners live to kill us another day.

And then looking ahead to the season after, it's kinda more of the same. Tavares comes off, Marner gets a bit of a raise most likely, so say it frees up $10M. If Tavares is still capable of posting 30 goals next year, then I'd expect they'll bring him back for a short deal at maybe $4M x 2 or 3. So say that leaves $6M. Maybe the cap goes up another $4M or more, but let's just use that number and say there's $10M to spend. McCabe and Knies are really the only ones that'll need new deals. Knies will be cheapish, but McCabe probably will be wanting $5M or $6M, which I'm not sure we'll pay. But basically re-up Knies and McCabe and have maybe like $3M more to spend. Seems like trades will be the only way to shake up the roster in any material way at that point.

We also have no picks to trade this deadline really, so it's kinda like, this is more or less the team, do or die, through Matty's contract.

@Habsy Please put down the tequila

Frenemy has hacked into Forum Ice

Back