• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Puckpedia has him listed as waivers exempt but i think they'll change it. It's 5 seasons since he signed his elc i don't think anyone can be exempt for longer than that.

If Max Pax gets the min and Hakanpaa gets $1.5, sending Timmins down only gets them to $875 over. One of Revo, Dewar or Krok would have to go.

still can hardly believe fucking Krok is still around

One of the things that could actually make this regular season fun and interesting for me is if we had a genuine youth movement.

Robertson, Knies, McMann, Cowan, Holmberg, Baby Nylander, Minten, Steeves…give as many of these guys as much ice-time and opportunity as possible.

Of course, instead of that, we’ll surely get MOAR Pacioretty, Jarnkrok, Kampf, Dewar, Lorentz & Reeves. With one of the kids tagging in for occasional spot duty on the 4th line if and when injuries have given us no other choice.

I don't know that I'd dump Pacioretty in with Krok, Kampf, Dewar, Reaves. Last year was the first year of his career he didn't score at a 30 goal pace. Even in his shit year last year, with a 4% shooting percentage, he scored at a 40 point pace.

Having that guy on the 4th line is more like Spezza.

I don't know that I'd dump Pacioretty in with Krok, Kampf, Dewar, Reaves. Last year was the first year of his career he didn't score at a 30 goal pace. Even in his shit year last year, with a 4% shooting percentage, he scored at a 40 point pace.

Having that guy on the 4th line is more like Spezza.

I didn’t lump those guys together because I think they’re the same, necessarily.

Moreso that they’re all players that don’t excite or interest me at all, as a fan. I couldn’t give two shits about watching to see whether or not we can squeeze another 15-20 goals out of the rotting corpse of Max Pacioretty in a sheltered even-strength role with 2nd unit PP minutes.

Give all that ice-time and opportunity to one of the younger players on my list, please, and see what they can develop into. That’s far more interesting.

Back