• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

If we're looking for him to be a top line player.

I don't think we're looking for points overload for a bottom sixer.

And the value he has for me is replacing shit like Kampf and Dewar.

If you're not a star in the CHL, you usually aren't good enough to develop into a bottom line NHL'er

For example, here's Connor Dewar's 19 yr old season vs Minten's

Dewar: 59GP, 36G, 81PTS (per 82: 50/113)
Minten: 43GP, 22G, 48PTS (per 82: 42/92)

If you're not a great player in junior, you're usually not good enough to make it as even a depth player in the NHL. Every NHL team in the league has 4th liners who were stars in junior. Fucking Gregor put up Minten numbers as a 19 yr old in Junior.

If you're not a star in the CHL, you usually aren't good enough to develop into a bottom line NHL'er

If you're not a great player in junior, you're usually not good enough to make it as even a depth player in the NHL. Every NHL team in the league has 4th liners who were stars in junior. Fucking Gregor put up Minten numbers as a 19 yr old in Junior.

Can't trade him though.

Yeah but that's Connor McDewar.

exactly.

The absolute best thing we could do this summer is package up a 1st, Minten and some jump and go get a player we need for him.
Well, it doesn't bode well that Dewar's numbers are so much better, but Minty did look much better than Dewar in his NHL stint.

Back