• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Unless they are sending something real nice with him I would keep the 65 pt 1 year deal.

I would consider taking meh salary back for 2 yrs in a Tavares deal. Some of the improvement in moving on from Tavares is "culture" imo. But taking on 4 yrs of Schenn at 6.5? lol, fuck no. I don't think that will be necessary at all either. Someone with cap space will happily take John on July 2nd once his bonus is paid out. The Utah for Bjugstad idea that's been thrown around a bunch would work perfectly imo. A really good 3C and 8.9 million in cap would be tidy business.

Where would a Shane Wright, 5M Kraken forward, prospect and pick rank in terms of bottling

How the fuck would I know? You used 1 actual name there.

I don't want to get into the weeds in weird trade theory crafting here. I'm going to stick to shit that we at least kinda know.

1) Tre is a dummy, but in the past when he's been trading a higher end player, typically comes away with 2-3 good pieces. We can pick apart the individual trades themselves, but none of them were the complete disasterfucks you're throwing around.
2) The market for Marner will be wide and deep if he's made available. There will not be a shortage of teams offering up good pieces. I'm not confident that Tre will pick the best one, but I'm fairly confident that there will be enough good offers that he won't pick a terrible one.

How the fuck would I know? You used 1 actual name there.

I don't want to get into the weeds in weird trade theory crafting here. I'm going to stick to shit that we at least kinda know.

1) Tre is a dummy, but in the past when he's been trading a higher end player, typically comes away with 2-3 good pieces. We can pick apart the individual trades themselves, but none of them were the complete disasterfucks you're throwing around.
2) The market for Marner will be wide and deep if he's made available. There will not be a shortage of teams offering up good pieces. I'm not confident that Tre will pick the best one, but I'm fairly confident that there will be enough good offers that he won't pick a terrible one.
I guess i was asking how you feel about Shane Wright as a centerpiece.

Here's my bold prediction.

Marner is traded to Vegas for Pietro and another player with some money to balance out the Marner salary.

Berube will want Pietroangelo back. Vegas just signed Hanafin for big bucks. Marner will gladly go to Vegas and will resign for 11 next year

Marner is traded to Vegas for Pietro and another player with some money to balance out the Marner salary.

Berube will want Pietroangelo back. Vegas just signed Hanafin for big bucks. Marner will gladly go to Vegas and will resign for 11 next year
You're close, but i feel like its Theodore (signed) for Marner (signed) with other parts in the deal if Vegas is the spot.

Also, the way Vegas operates, this is them to a tee

Too bold. They're not trading 27 year old Marner for 34 year old Pietro.

They just watched Brodie die unexpectedly at 33.

Any Marner trade needs to involve CAP savings and of course, young, cheap talent coming back. If we're trading Marner for old player(s) with hefty contracts, we're accomplishing nothing.

Any Marner trade needs to involve CAP savings

Nah.

If we're getting two good players in return that are both signed to good/decent contracts with some term but cost more in total, that's entirely fine too.

Out cap situation is fine as it is, and if we're looking at a cap move, Tavares is the obvious one.

Back