• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

This off-season is going to be incredibly disappointing. Especially replacing Weber with David freaking Savard and Danault with Cedric Paquette lol. Although top 3 lotto chances would be nice for Wright

This off-season is going to be incredibly disappointing. Especially replacing Weber with David freaking Savard and Danault with Cedric Paquette lol. Although top 3 lotto chances would be nice for Wright

Last seasons forward group was built on 4-line depth / scoring contribution, this years team focus will be on 3-line depth D contribution - all 3-lines should avg roughly the same TOI. With Romanov getting substantially more TOI vs last season:

Chiarot-DeAngelo
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Savard

Don’t look at it as 1st pair, 2nd pair, 3rd pair but rather a 9-man D group with key specializations - DeAngelo might play a full 2-min TOI for PP but see no late period/game TOI etc.

I'm fine with Montreal violating the elimination of the 'FA agent interview period' by talking contract specifics with Paquette. They can route their 2022 1st round pick to the Canes for the transgression.

Last seasons forward group was built on 4-line depth / scoring contribution, this years team focus will be on 3-line depth D contribution - all 3-lines should avg roughly the same TOI. With Romanov getting substantially more TOI vs last season:

Chiarot-DeAngelo
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Savard

Don’t look at it as 1st pair, 2nd pair, 3rd pair but rather a 9-man D group with key specializations - DeAngelo might play a full 2-min TOI for PP but see no late period/game TOI etc.

brutal top 6

We will in the Wright sweepstakes by January

Shane Wright early sweepstake projection , that D set up will get killed

DeAngelo cant defend a statue

Chariot is a 5/6
Savard is a 5/6

Petry will be burnt out by January
JE is a 4 1/2 closer to 5
Romy will be benched on his first mistake

We need 2 legit top 4 ....not fillers

heard the habs might want to sign OJ? This true?
Shane Wright early sweepstake projection , that D set up will get killed

DeAngelo cant defend a statue

Chariot is a 5/6
Savard is a 5/6

Petry will be burnt out by January
JE is a 4 1/2 closer to 5
Romy will be benched on his first mistake

We need 2 legit top 4 ....not fillers

On paper we're probably not a playoff team right now. Since Caufield is up, we really have a weak set of prospects, to me it looks like bottom 3. We need 3-4 years to restock the farm. I just don't see enough salary cap room and tools this year to make things happen, do you? We never did a proper rebuild. We did a quick rebuild. They always jump the gun, go half ass, and then we're in the exact same fkn situation every year.

Back