• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

Unfortunately Habs will not make 6 and 17 unprotected.
6 because of captaincy and respekkk, 17 because MB have to admit he did a huge mistake...
Same for 11.(Respekk and mistake)

Why would the Habs admit making a mistake with 17? He's been great against Vegas, and still has ton of value around the league.

Why would the Habs admit making a mistake with 17? He's been great against Vegas, and still has ton of value around the league.
Why even bother responding to such stupidity? It’s not worth losing the brain cells - I hear they don’t replicate.

yep...MB is not the only GM who forks out big money for fast, tough guys

Domi contract was bad, the Anderson one is terrible because 1)he is getting more money 2) for much more years

Domi contract was bad, the Anderson one is terrible because 1)he is getting more money 2) for much more years
He’s getting more money and for longer because . . . he’s a much better and more useful player. See how that works? If you wanted Anderson that’s what you had to pay him. Nobody wants Domi. Anderson was in demand. Calgary was close to a deal for him too.

I was thinking today earlier who’s the better power forward? I think it’s close, actually.
Tuch is bigger & faster...no question, but I think Andy is actually meaner, but both disappear for stretches at a time, and neither has elite hands, hence, their $alaries otherwise they’d be $8M+ players.

On a side note, Tuch is pretty brutal when he drops the mitts vs Andy who can throw haymakers

He’s getting more money and for longer because . . . he’s a much better and more useful player. See how that works? If you wanted Anderson that’s what you had to pay him. Nobody wants Domi. Anderson was in demand. Calgary was close to a deal for him too.
See how it work? Lol
Domi had only 2 years left @5M. Yeah it sucks,
I 7 gets 6x6.
We exchange a mini problem for much bigger one.
17 is paid like a 30 goal scorer, which he will never score, not next year, not any other time, plus he is injury prone.
Already 11 contract was terrible...

Now we have to deal with 4 bad contracts..

Back