• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

See how it work? Lol
Domi had only 2 years left @5M. Yeah it sucks,
I 7 gets 6x6.
We exchange a mini problem for much bigger one.
17 is paid like a 30 goal scorer, which he will never score, not next year, not any other time, plus he is injury prone.
Already 11 contract was terrible...

Now we have to deal with 4 bad contracts..

You don't have to deal with anything. Just sit back and enjoy the game.

See how it work? Lol
Domi had only 2 years left @5M. Yeah it sucks,
I 7 gets 6x6.
We exchange a mini problem for much bigger one.
17 is paid like a 30 goal scorer, which he will never score, not next year, not any other time, plus he is injury prone.
Already 11 contract was terrible...

Now we have to deal with 4 bad contracts..
You’re the only poster here who thinks that Anderson’s acquisition, even with his contract requirements, was bad. It’s highly unlikely that everyone but you is wrong. We’ve needed a power forward forever. We finally got one. I don’t care about his contract 4 years from now, especially if we win the Cup this year.

You’re the only poster here who thinks that Anderson’s acquisition, even with his contract requirements, was bad. It’s highly unlikely that everyone but you is wrong. We’ve needed a power forward forever. We finally got one. I don’t care about his contract 4 years from now, especially if we win the Cup this year.
Didn't score for the last 20 before his double.
Everyone was on him. I was the only one?
Sure he is playing better but he is unidimensional. Easy to predict his game.

He’s big, fast and tough. Who would want that combination of attributes in a hockey player? I’m done arguing this with you, Anderson is an absolute necessity on the Habs, I don’t care care about his contact, nor should you.

Last edited:
Tuch is bigger & faster...no question, but I think Andy is actually meaner, but both disappear for stretches at a time, and neither has elite hands, hence, their $alaries otherwise they’d be $8M+ players.

On a side note, Tuch is pretty brutal when he drops the mitts vs Andy who can throw haymakers

Andy is more fluid in his stride

Didn't score for the last 20 before his double.
Everyone was on him. I was the only one?
Sure he is playing better but he is unidimensional. Easy to predict his game.
Dude you’re missing the concept of team building - need all kids of building blocks, there’s a very limited supply of big, physical forwards w elite speed & forechecking capability who excel at the transition game - Anderson is one of 3-4 in the entire league. That lack of supply sets the market price, but that type of player is an absolute necessity, something for example the Leafs desperately lack....

Dude you’re missing the concept of team building - need all kids of building blocks, there’s a very limited supply of big, physical forwards w elite speed & forechecking capability who excel at the transition game - Anderson is one of 3-4 in the entire league. That lack of supply sets the market price, but that type of player is an absolute necessity, something for example the Leafs desperately lack....

giphy.gif

The thing is 5 mil is very palatable

He is only 27 with limited mileage on his body

Gally’s contract is way more problematic , he has done squat in the playoffs and his decline is around the corner

We have needed an Andy player for decades .

if we didn't pay Anderson, someone else would have.

Has he been inconsistent? Sure, but at least he plays physical when not producing.

He costs 17% more than Domi, but has been a lot more than 17% more productive than him

Back