• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT JAN 21: TOR @ COL, 9pm

That's so much better than the stats nerds pumping their chests when the Leafs are losing.

I can wait for the Leafs to make the playoffs, twice in a row, with the Corsi crowd claiming, twice in a row that they should be in the bottom 3 in the league.

Get used to it, with Rogers Sportsnet winning the NHL broadcasting bid.

Meh, it was just a rare time that I forgot to mute the turds. But these guys are by far the worst bunch ... which says a lot given the tools on CBC.

I found it interesting to hear what those western broadcasters had to say about the Leafs. I mean obviously they caught us at our best but interesting none the less,

I'm really excited to get Bolland back. I'm trying to temper my expectations given the injury but **** was he ever an enjoyable to player to watch.

Gleason being in is far more impactful than Clarkson being out imo. Gleason has ****ing solidified the 2nd pairing. We basically held our breath during 5 on 5 play when Phaneuf-Gunner wasn't on the ice before.

Maybe not, but the fact that we're clearly not any better with Clarkson in the lineup is cause for concern, no? Normally guys that make that much make some sort of impact..

Hell, Bodie did a better job on that third line than Clarkson has done all year.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kuly
Raymond-Holland-Clarskon/Bodie
Ashton-Selke-Bodie/Clarkson

Now, replacing Orr with Clarkson would improve us quite a bit IMO.

Gleason being in is far more impactful than Clarkson being out imo. Gleason has ****ing solidified the 2nd pairing. We basically held our breath during 5 on 5 play when Phaneuf-Gunner wasn't on the ice before.

This

He's played well above expectations. Kudos to Nonis for that pick up.

And as for Gleason, his biggest impact has been on the PK. He's our best penalty killer by a fair amount, and that includes Phaneuf.

I'm really excited to get Bolland back. I'm trying to temper my expectations given the injury but **** was he ever an enjoyable to player to watch.

The media muppets need to stop comparing it to Karlsson's injury. The Achilles is the largest tendon in the body, supports more weight than any other tendon in the body. It takes longer to heal properly than pretty much any other tendon or ligament injury. Bolland cut a tendon in his ankle

ankle-tendon-stem-cells.png

Just a guess based on where the skate hit him, but probably his superior fibular retinaculum

The media muppets need to stop comparing it to Karlsson's injury. The Achilles is the largest tendon in the body, supports more weight than any other tendon in the body. It takes longer to heal properly than pretty much any other tendon or ligament injury. Bolland cut a tendon in his ankle

Just a guess based on where the skate hit him, but probably his superior fibular retinaculum

I'm not expecting an Achilles like adjustment but given how much time he's had off I'm definitely thinking it'll take a few games to get back up to speed.

the thing with gleason is that, far as defensive d-men go, he isn't even anything special.

just solid and steady. but they really needed that.

Maybe not, but the fact that we're clearly not any better with Clarkson in the lineup is cause for concern, no?

No, I've never bought into this correlation = causation bullshit when we look at team records with one support player added of subtracted, and I'm not going to now.

Was Clarkson an abortion for a long stretch...yeah, but mainly in regards to the "expectations". Even at his worst he was nothing less than a meh 3rd liner. The contract is an obvious lightning rod, but him playing like a meh 3rd liner wasn't the reason we were winning or losing games.

Normally guys that make that much make some sort of impact..

Like I said, the contract is a lightning rod but it really has **** all to do with his level of play. Has he earned his contract? No. Was his play singlehandedly costing us games? Also no.

Hell, Bodie did a better job on that third line than Clarkson has done all year.

And Bodie isn't winning or losing us hockey games either.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kuly
Raymond-Holland-Clarskon/Bodie
Ashton-Selke-Bodie/Clarkson

Now, replacing Orr with Clarkson would improve us quite a bit IMO.

But how is that possible if he's so bad that he's dragging our record down with him?

Correlation /= Causation

Start him on the 4th line and give him spot minutes for key faceoffs/defensive situations...he'll probably be back shortly before the Olympics.

I'm not expecting an Achilles like adjustment but given how much time he's had off I'm definitely thinking it'll take a few games to get back up to speed.

Yeah, I was just addressing the mediot shit I've heard over the last week "well, Karlsson said he didn't feel right until a full year after the injury". They're not the same injuries.

I agree though, it will take him a while to get his timing back and frankly, he should get a 3-7 game conditioning stint in the AHL before we bring him back into the lineup anyway.

Well they brought him in to improve the team and he clearly hasn't. I don't think he's causing them to lose games either. He just isn't helping them.. at all.

Back