• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT JAN 21: TOR @ COL, 9pm

the thing with gleason is that, far as defensive d-men go, he isn't even anything special.

just solid and steady. but they really needed that.

Agreed. It's not like he's an elite shut down defender or anything, just a really solid #4 defender.

Well they brought him in to improve the team and he clearly hasn't. I don't think he's causing them to lose games either. He just isn't helping them.. at all.

I agree entirely with this. But then, what the **** does our record with/without him have to do with the price of pork in Jerusalem?

Girardi's apparently on the block and is an impending UFA. He's another guy that isn't special or anything, but we could sure as hell use him over Franson. Right handed too..

Girardi's apparently on the block and is an impending UFA. He's another guy that isn't special or anything, but we could sure as hell use him over Franson. Right handed too..

i like some of the thigns he brings to the table but i dont' want the team to go anywhere near that guy. some stupid team will give him 5 a year and it'll be komisarek all over again

Guess you could call Gleason kind of a glue guy. Just a little island of solid in the middle of a sea of all-over-the-place.

I want to think Franson still has some trade value. Perhaps not as much as we would like. But I'd be dangling him with the carrot of an additional piece and see if we can get a good defenceman in return.

i like some of the thigns he brings to the table but i dont' want the team to go anywhere near that guy. some stupid team will give him 5 a year and it'll be komisarek all over again

Yeah, I'm definitely not in favor of signing him.. I just meant as a rental. That said, that would be a typical Leafs signing. It wouldn't surprise me at all. He's been kind of shitty this year too. No more than a #4.

In my best zombie voice ... more brainzzzz

This team needs a vet with some smarts to replace Franson. Way too much stupid on the Leafs backend.

nMZhA.gif

Mark Masters
Orlando Franklin: "I can't wait to bring a Super Bowl ring back to Toronto. This one's for you guys."

Hamhuis would be an upgrade on Franson defensively and a downgrade offensively. Vancouver would never trade him anyway.

acceptable? he'd be an excellent option.

Not keen on another defensive D ... just someone with some smarts. I don't watch enough hockey to judge who might be a good option, to be perfectly honest.

Hamhuis would fit nicely this team. Jarred Surpgeon(spelling?),Ryan Ellis and Dennis Wideman too. Solid defenders bringing relief-like stability and good common sense on the backend.

Back