• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Revenge of Maurice! Leafs @ Jets | 7PM EST CBC

I'm not sure its just the concussion. He started the season with 10 points in 9 games and he looked fine.

He has looked slow ever since the groin injury though.

I could be wrong but I read somewhere he wants to be a model, maybe he's half assing it because he wants to avoid injury?

Big point earned.

Reimer is a total mess right now.

Agreed but man this team is not built the right way, most times they rely either on their top line to carry them or goaltending. Beyond the 1st line there really isn't much depth, the blueline has too many offensive guys and too many 1 dimensional guys up front. If I'm the GM here's what I'd do

1. Trade Franson at the deadline for a draft pick/mid ranged prospect
2. I'd make it a key point to resign Bolland to a 2-3 year deal
3. I'd let Raymond walk in the offseason
4. Guys like Orr/McLaren wouldn't see the ice next season, give those spots to guys like Bodie and Ashton
5. I'd offer up some money at Girardi and if we aren't able to land him I'd give one of our prospects like Percy a spot on the blueline
6. Devon Setogouchi is one of those guys I'd love to bring in the offseason

Big point earned.

Reimer is a total mess right now.

Well, he played great in Colorado, then followed it up with a stinker of a relief performance, and a stinker of a start.

Really hope for both his and the team's sake he figures it out soon though.

Agreed but man this team is not built the right way, most times they rely either on their top line to carry them or goaltending. Beyond the 1st line there really isn't much depth, the blueline has too many offensive guys and too many 1 dimensional guys up front. If I'm the GM here's what I'd do

1. Trade Franson at the deadline for a draft pick/mid ranged prospect
2. I'd make it a key point to resign Bolland to a 2-3 year deal
3. I'd let Raymond walk in the offseason
4. Guys like Orr/McLaren wouldn't see the ice next season, give those spots to guys like Bodie and Ashton
5. I'd offer up some money at Girardi and if we aren't able to land him I'd give one of our prospects like Percy a spot on the blueline
6. Devon Setogouchi is one of those guys I'd love to bring in the offseason

1. waste of assets
2. maybe
3. sure
4. meh
5. waste of $4M+ in cap space
6. Setoguchi sucks.

1. Why is it a waste of assets? Outside of his point shot, he brings little else to the team may as well let him go and get some assets in return.
2. Bolland's an excellent two way player, we need more guys like him. Given his brutal injury and not knowing if he'll ever be the same a short term deal makes the most sense
4. Orr is only good when fighting and he hasn't done much of it since Parros knocked himself out
5. Girardi's a legit top 4 guy, a lot of teams will be chomping at the bit to get him. I don't want to overpay for the guy but if we can get him for a bit of a discount he'd be a solid addition
6. He's having a bad season this year but he has it in him to be a 25-30 goal guy, a change in senery might do him some good.

So you're willing to trade Franson for peanuts then overspend to bring in Girardi....and Setoguchi hasn't scored 20 goals since 2010-2011, that's when he played with Thornton.

1. Why is it a waste of assets? Outside of his point shot, he brings little else to the team may as well let him go and get some assets in return.
2. Bolland's an excellent two way player, we need more guys like him. Given his brutal injury and not knowing if he'll ever be the same a short term deal makes the most sense
4. Orr is only good when fighting and he hasn't done much of it since Parros knocked himself out
5. Girardi's a legit top 4 guy, a lot of teams will be chomping at the bit to get him. I don't want to overpay for the guy but if we can get him for a bit of a discount he'd be a solid addition
6. He's having a bad season this year but he has it in him to be a 25-30 goal guy, a change in senery might do him some good.

5. Please provide an example of one of the top available UFA d-men signing for a 'bit of a discount', ever.
And, 6. A change of scenery didn't do Seto much good in the Peg now did it... (or, IIRC, in Minny)

Although I do agree that we should trade Franson.

I've purchased a Devin Setoguchi in my lifetime.

and i can 100% attest and admit to myself that he sucks.

He has also had 2 changes of scenery since he looked like something in San Jose.

5. Please provide an example of one of the top available UFA d-men signing for a 'bit of a discount', ever.
And, 6. A change of scenery didn't do Seto much good in the Peg now did it... (or, IIRC, in Minny)

Although I do agree that we should trade Franson.

Phaneuf (although he didn't make it until FA) signed here for $7M, he easily could have gotten $7.5-8M on the open market but chose to sign here instead. Yea Franson needs to go if we want to be a solid defensive team we need guys who actually play well in their own end.

Phaneuf (although he didn't make it until FA) signed here for $7M, he easily could have gotten $7.5-8M on the open market but chose to sign here instead. Yea Franson needs to go if we want to be a solid defensive team we need guys who actually play well in their own end.

Phaneuf was never a UFA.

So you're willing to trade Franson for peanuts then overspend to bring in Girardi....and Setoguchi hasn't scored 20 goals since 2010-2011, that's when he played with Thornton.

Yes I would trade Franson for a draft pick/prospect, he's not the right fit for this team and we could use a 2nd rounder for sure. Yes his last 20 goal season was when he played with Thornton, however there is always that chance he could get back to the 20-25 goal mark, I'd buy low on him and hope the reward is a lot higher.

Yes I would trade Franson for a draft pick/prospect, he's not the right fit for this team and we could use a 2nd rounder for sure. Yes his last 20 goal season was when he played with Thornton, however there is always that chance he could get back to the 20-25 goal mark, I'd buy low on him and hope the reward is a lot higher.

1) a 2nd rounder for Franson is selling 4 cents on the dollar
2) no setoguchi cannot.

Back