• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Revenge of Maurice! Leafs @ Jets | 7PM EST CBC

I understand MNIJ being a dick. I'm pretty sure he's morbidly obese and lives a sad life, but the other guys seem relatively normal.

I understand MNIJ being a dick. I'm pretty sure he's morbidly obese and lives a sad life, but the other guys seem relatively normal.

Yeah, life's pretty rough man. I've sunk as low to consider impersonating an obscure OHL player on the internet, but i think i'll just keep cutting myself instead, it's less embarrassing.

Yeah, life's pretty rough man. I've sunk as low to consider impersonating an obscure OHL player on the internet, but i think i'll just keep cutting myself instead, it's less embarrassing.

If your actually cutting yourself, I genuienly feel sorry for you and hope you get help for depression, unlike you I don't make fun of people's physical or mental conditions.

So, uhmm...yeah...so..the Leafs lost tonight. Anybody watch the game?

I watched the game, it was a classic case of jeckyl/hyde with the Leafs, the first half was a bad defensive team that allowed a lot of weak goals, the 2nd half was a team that wanted to win and clawed their way back into it.

now-kiss.png

Those first two goals on Reimer were in excusable. If Bernier had allowed them he'd be crucified. Luckily his team bailed him out with a point.

So, uhmm...yeah...so..the Leafs lost tonight. Anybody watch the game?
We did lose, but at least our loser point moved us past the Habs in the standings. We're now holding down 3rd spot in the Atlantic for what's got to be the first time in a couple of months.

As for the loss tonight, I have a tough time getting too upset at the team when Reimer put them behind the eight ball with three absolute stinkers. Bernier's goal in OT wasn't great either, but Buff's got a good shot, and he held us in the game when Reimer put us right out of it in the same situation against Dallas. There's little doubt he gets the next start, and he deserves it.

Other positives from tonight: Phil being clutch, getting more goals from our supporting players and defense, and not giving up when the game could have got ugly.

I know the first two goals squeaked by Reimer but the hate that's flowing through this thread is weird to me. Scheifele had a one timer right in the slot and Wheeler was allowed to go right to Reimer with no Leaf in sight. I mean everyone seems fine with Bernier giving up Buffs goal, which everyone should as it was a helluva shot from the slot. Leafs are starting to give up a lot more high quality scoring chances and both goalies are having a hard time with it. I do expect Bernier to get the bulk of the games going forward as Reimer hasn't been good since the first month of the season and really hasn't ever grabbed the reigns of this team. Hopefully he gets it together as the Leafs will need both guys after the Olympic break.

There's no "hate" for Reimer here. I've spent most of the season wanting Carlyle to use him as our starting goalie.

But you've got to call a spade a spade. One of the goals against him was a pretty good deflection, so I'll give him a pass there, but the other three goals just went straight through him---and they weren't particularly strong shots either. An above-average NHL goalie should stop all three, and I'm sure Reimer would tell you the same.

Hey I'm not saying he didn't play badly, because he did and has been for awhile now. Just that for all the talk about quality scoring chances and how they can effect save percentage and what not it's odd that everyone is saying he gave up terrible goals. Especially when skilled guys like Scheifele and Wheeler are the ones getting those chances then it's as much the defenses fault as it is Reimer's.

Back