• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Bergy broke PK’s ♥️ when he traded him.
There's something to that. Based on his play, especially after the first year, he just has not had the same enthusiasm for the game since. And nowhere near the player. I think he was really a player that belonged in a Habs uniform, and can speculate that his play would not have deteriorated to the same degree had he remained.

I'm not complaining at the moment. Weber is currently front and centre.

Reactions: CH1
To the earlier points. Danaults contract will be north of 5M in my mind. Not sure who it’s with but I can see it coming in at 5.25-5.75M per year for 4 years.

I’ve said all along that I think Seattle takes Byron. Good role model to a young team. Works his ass off. Good Pker. Good leadership guy for a couple of the early years of a franchise.

Those back injuries really slowed PK down.
Yet Weber’s fought through the knee issues...

As Bobby Mac & Gord Miller stated, scouts told them prior to 2007 draft that Subban’s skating is a concern, high end edge work but poor acceleration & technique which would wear down prematurely - which was the only aspect of his game keeping him from being a 1st rounder

To the earlier points. Danaults contract will be north of 5M in my mind. Not sure who it’s with but I can see it coming in at 5.25-5.75M per year for 4 years.

I’ve said all along that I think Seattle takes Byron. Good role model to a young team. Works his ass off. Good Pker. Good leadership guy for a couple of the early years of a franchise.
Dano defensive game is so great, and with this run he will get 5 or more.
But how many purely defensive player get this amount? He is now 3 C. Is 3C worth this amount?. A guy who scores less than 10 per year.
Is there any league similar example(contract/role/points)?

Back