• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

I do agree.

This will be Price & Weber's one and only shot, considering their age and the amount of young talent available to fill in the roster spots.

They have to win.
Unfortunately they both have untradeable, boat anchor contracts so even though we will never win with them again we will be stuck with them for the foreseeable.

Not to mention Gallagher, who already looks like his career is coming to an end.

If not for Covid causing a divisional realignment (removing Tampa from our division) and shaving 30 games off the regular season allowing those vets to still have gas in the tank now, the Habs would never be in the final. This is a complete outlier that will never repeat. Enjoy it for what it is and for as long as it lasts but don't make decisions about next season based on what you're seeing now. None of this is sustainable.
Plus the team went totally out of gas after 40 games, so in regular season we would probably have had missed playoff.

Amount of young stars? Lol
We are quiet thin in D and goalie, CP is still a long shot. And no one in young core of our D is or will be ready to replace Weber at his prime.

We all know the division and short season helped us.
Lets not fool yourself with the hockey habs is playing now.
There is no way a team can play this hockey and system in regular season, and the most important players buying this because you have to sacrifice your body, your numbers and your pocket.
At the end it is a business.
They accept to buy this system in playoff.. Good for them.. As i said enjoy while it last..

Last edited:
We also so far have the luck this time around and you need luck to go far. Even MB admit it in his press. The last two saves of Price in OT in game 6 vs VGK is an an example. The kind of saves that 31 failed to make in last 16 years he is playing here, but some how he is doing it this year.

Go Habs Go.

None of these vets will ever get this close again. Once this run is over, their time in Montreal should also be over. The worst thing that Bergevin could do is to read too much into this run. It's a nice run of good luck but it is not indicative of any upward trend and he should not be making personnel decisions based on the last dozen games. This team is still deeply flawed and the roster needs to be gutted.

This regime would be complete fools to use this Covid run as their barometer for team future success

He would of got fired last year or this year for sure when team misses the playoffs 4 straight years

More importantly the narrative changes in the offseason as we go from buyers to big time sellers ….TT would never be a hab along with others .

Price , a bible, and a once a lifetime pandemic gift is not a blueprint to roster building

We all know the division and short season helped us.
Lets not fool yourself with the hockey habs is playing now.
There is no way a team can play this hockey and system in regular season, and the most important players buying this because you have to sacrifice your body, your numbers and your pocket.
At the end it is a business.
They accept to buy this system in playoff.. Good for them.. As i said enjoy while it last..
I don’t disagree with that but that’s an entirely different issue than what would have happened had it been a normal season. There’s simply no way to know with any degree of certainty because the variables change. That’s why they’re called “variables.”

I don’t disagree with that but that’s an entirely different issue than what would have happened had it been a normal season. There’s simply no way to know with any degree of certainty because the variables change. That’s why they’re called “variables.”

People have such recency bias --- very possible that if the season was longer, Habs would have found their way within the new system aided by the return of healthy bodies (Gally, Pricer, etc)

People have such recency bias --- very possible that if the season was longer, Habs would have found their way within the new system aided by the return of healthy bodies (Gally, Pricer, etc)
This is my thought as well. Because of the crazy schedule they needed to gel. It looks like they finally have.

In any event, Habs have the best record in the playoffs at 12-5. The lightning are 12-6.

I'd call that an accomplishment. If it was so easy why didn't Toronto, Winnipeg or Vegas go 12-5?

This is my thought as well. Because of the crazy schedule they needed to gel. It looks like they finally have.

In any event, Habs have the best record in the playoffs at 12-5. The lightning are 12-6.

I'd call that an accomplishment. If it was so easy why didn't Toronto, Winnipeg or Vegas go 12-5?
You know, bad luck.

Wouldn't you agree that it's normal considering the history? Was it possible for them to come together? Sure. As you mentioned highly improbable though.

This is not the same team that played in the regular season. The system is fully in place now.

This is funny but 95% of us felt the same way as the Premier

If the Habs manage to win it...I would strongly look into it. That was the big mistake in 93, St Patrick should’ve been dealt that summer...especially for the NYR offer.

Anyway, that’s a conversation for another time, and not appropriate now..

If the Habs manage to win it...I would strongly look into it. That was the big mistake in 93, St Patrick should’ve been dealt that summer...especially for the NYR offer.

Anyway, that’s a conversation for another time, and not appropriate now..

very few GMs have that mindset — Scotty Bowman would have dismantled the team after their Cup run in the late 70s — that’s why ownership didn’t want him as GM

Wouldn't you agree that it's normal considering the history? Was it possible for them to come together? Sure. As you mentioned highly improbable though.

This is not the same team that played in the regular season. The system is fully in place now.

agreed... that’s why I said 95% of us would have agreed. I certainly would have been on board

Back