• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Hmmmm. Not sure about that in their current state. CBJ needs a real re-tinkering, not trade away picks and the little prospects they have for Eichel.
CBJ wonā€™t survive if they need to do a rebuild - they need to make the playoffs and have some success for long term survival

CBJ wonā€™t survive if they need to do a rebuild - they need to make the playoffs and have some success for long term survival
Yeah, that's not happening with their roster. Especially not with Jones on the way out & Werenski probably on the way out too.

They're not an Eichel away from doing anything, to be honest.

Yeah, that's not happening with their roster. Especially not with Jones on the way out & Werenski probably on the way out too.

They're not an Eichel away from doing anything, to be honest.
Thatā€™s why they need to turn Jones into. Pacioretty deal on steroids

Sure, but you're more or less trading Seth Jones for picks & prospects... Then using those picks & prospects + some more to get Eichel.

Remove Jones & add Eichel, that team is still a bottom feeder. I grant you that Eichel would fill their biggest void of a #1 center, but Buffalo wasn't doing much with Eichel + a terrible roster. I don't know how Columbus would suddenly become good by essentially swapping the two players.

Sure, but you're more or less trading Seth Jones for picks & prospects... Then using those picks & prospects + some more to get Eichel.

Remove Jones & add Eichel, that team is still a bottom feeder. I grant you that Eichel would fill their biggest void of a #1 center, but Buffalo wasn't doing much with Eichel + a terrible roster. I don't know how Columbus would suddenly become good by essentially swapping the two players.
Not saying Eichel, trade Jones for 3-NHL ready assets. Would NYR deal Trouba + Kaako + Kravtsov?

For Eichel, yes. I doubt Buffalo would accept that, though. Change Kaako for LafreniĆØre and you have a much more serious proposition.

All assuming Trouba accepts to be traded there, of course. He moved to the States so that his wife could work there, I dunno if he's all that interested in going to Buffalo. TBD.

He's not worth that
I could be wrong but I feel like at the time of the trade they always say the team that acquired the supposed ā€œbest playerā€ won the deal, and then a year or two later usually the team that acquired multiple assets for the supposed best player seems like it won the deal.

Love how you think Eichel isn't a question mark. He is between the ears.

Sure but he is a 1C front liner , what is Buffalo getting in this deal ?

A # 3 overpaid D and 2 kids who havent proven anything

VK may not even pan out at all and the jury is still out on Kakko

Laffy has to be part of his deal

Back