• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Win or lose this Cup Finals, we need to stay the course.....retool the right way....Price-Weber-Gallagher.....they all need to be turned into solid young players or draft picks.

Please, oh please Bergy, don't repeat the errors of your predecessor (Gainey) by letting Koivu-Kovalev-Souray walk for NOTHING, or letting them get too old to get us a significant return.

Win or lose this Cup Finals, we need to stay the course.....retool the right way....Price-Weber-Gallagher.....they all need to be turned into solid young players or draft picks.

Please, oh please Bergy, don't repeat the errors of your predecessor (Gainey) by letting Koivu-Kovalev-Souray walk for NOTHING, or letting them get too old to get us a significant return.
Nah, he's going to double down on past-their-prime or soon-to-be-past-their-prime players and he's going to overpay. The next decade isn't going to be pretty.

Ok, that needed to be done years ago. Several reasons why that's not happening now.

1> We just made the finals, we are in win now mode regardless how we actually feel about our roster, age of players, salary cap, and very average prospect pool
2> All 3 probably have very little trade value
3> Molson

Nah, he's going to double down on past-their-prime or soon-to-be-past-their-prime players and he's going to overpay. The next decade isn't going to be pretty.

This is most likely the case. He knows what contracts he has and what the state of the team is in. We are going to sign Danault to an expensive contract + try to get rid of JD + sign a FA to patch things up and MB's plan of making the playoffs and hoping we get lucky will be the recipe for the next 5ish years.

So which past their prime or soon to be past their prime players were doubled down on last off season exactly?

Do you just make this shit up on the fly?

Reactions: CH1
You don't need to be so aggressive, he's just stating his opinion. NAMASTE
MB has made many errors during his tenure, first & foremost w amateur drafting & development but from his intro PC in 2012 when he stated he’d never strip the team down for short term fixes just to save his job, he’s lived up to his words.

Even during a season when many said he’d do anything because his job was on the line, he acquired assets last off-season without sacrificing prospects or 1st rounder for “past their prime players”.

He’s not going to all of a sudden change course 180 degrees when he’s never shown to be so reactionary during his entire tenure.

BTW, Drouin for Sergachev deal was a major blunder by MB, and a result of being forced into making a deal due to poor amateur drafting & development - not intended to be an excuse but it’s a trend that’s happened far too often over last 40-years for Habs. GMs having to make a pro deal without leverage position because prospect development has miserably failed (Langway, Chelios, Roy, Niinimaa, Gomez etc.)

Last edited:
Gallagher, for one.
Petry, Gallagher, Weber and even Price are all playing injured. They're much better than the shadows of themselves were seeing. It's the way of attrition that we're losing.

This brings up a question, why did the Habs collect all this "depth" only to not use it? Are we to believe that this depth was necessary but obviously not good enough of injured players are still better than your depth?

i think Bergy has shown us that he can adapt…so i don’t see him sinking with the ship with the old vets.

Problem is he often goes on the record with shit like he said last week: « I am tied to Price and i will die with Price »

and last summer when he cried talk about Gallagher.

What happens when next year Gallagher is injured again to start the playoffs (if we make them)

i think Bergy has shown us that he can adapt…so i don’t see him sinking with the ship with the old vets.

Problem is he often goes on the record with shit like he said last week: « I am tied to Price and i will die with Price »

and last summer when he cried talk about Gallagher.

What happens when next year Gallagher is injured again to start the playoffs (if we make them)

He will be crying soon when Gally when he becomes a very expensive third liner

Back